Welcome to Graduate Studies
As one of only six polytechnic universities nationwide, Cal Poly Pomona's hallmark is its learn-by-doing philosophy, directly stemming from its polytechnic mission. By blending theory and practice in all its disciplines, the university recognizes that the students solving classroom problems today will be the employees solving the real-world problems tomorrow. At Cal Poly Pomona, we present a unique hands-on learning experience with a regional and national reputation of excellence that will make you competitive and advance your career. Our faculty are engaged in research and dedicated to sharing this passion with their students. Eight academic colleges offer 28 Master's programs and we offer an Ed.D program in Education Leadership.
Ranked among the top public universities in the western United States, Cal Poly Pomona provides a rich academic experience that encourages hands-on learning in every program, course, and activity on campus. We invite you to explore our graduate programs and resources as you pursue your professional and academic goals.
Admission and degree requirements, as well as graduate studies policies, are outlined in the University Catalog. Our graduate programs have also established their own website, where you can find more information and details about the program. Prospective students can meet with Graduate Admissions counselors, as well as make appointments with graduate coordinators through the departmental offices or by contacting them directly via e-mail. Please take advantage of the resources available for faculty and students by clicking on the links on this page.
News and Announcements
- For graduate students submitting their projects and theses electronically this quarter (applies to only certain programs), attend an electronic submission & accessibility workshop at the University Library and get a walkthrough of the electronic submission process and learn the importance of making your document accessible. Workshops available May 7th and May 14th. Register for one of the workshops here: http://tinyurl.com/np7nvgt.
- For students working on their projects and theses, during Spring, 2015, The Research Compliance Office will offer IRB training sessions for new and current EIRB users. Registration is limited. To register and learn more about the IRB submission process to obtain approval for your research with human subjects, please visit: http://www.cpp.edu/~research/irb/index.shtml.
- Graduate Students: Are you working on your thesis/project this Spring or thinking about getting started? A formatting workshop will help put you on the right path. Learn how to "navigate" through the process of formatting your paper and find out what to expect at your library format review appointment prior to submitting your paper to Graduate Studies.
Thesis/Project Formatting Workshops are available for graduate students Spring, 2015. For registration information, please visit: http://tinyurl.com/ort2xr9
- Thinking about grad school and don't know where to start?
Please review the Graduate Preparation webpage on getting started and learning the graduate school basics.
- Graduate Students can track the status of academic forms submitted to the Graduate Studies Office online via the Graduate Studies Student Database.
Graduate Studies Office
CLA Bldg, (98, T7-18)
3801 West Temple Ave
Pomona, CA 91768