Thesis and Project Electronic Submission Checklist
Thesis and Project Electronic Submission Checklist
Electronic Thesis and Project Submission Checklist
(For Mathematics & Statistics, Economics, Food & Nutrition Science, and Landscape Architecture Students)
Make sure you do the following:
- ____Read through the entire Master’s Thesis/Project guidelines website: http://tinyurl.com/qxf8v28
- ____Assemble all parts of your thesis/project according to the formatting instructions provided (http://tinyurl.com/o67kdg4) and number them as shown. Use lower case Roman numerals for the preliminary pages and Arabic numerals for the body of thesis/project as described in the regulations.
- ____Use a style manual to construct your bibliography or list of references. Check with your department for the recommended style manual for your subject area. Take special care to note the full citation information when referencing electronic or web resources, and do it according to your style manual guidelines. COMPLETE CITATIONS ARE REQUIRED.
- ____Double-check your left margin. It must be 1.5” on all pages, including pages of tables, appendices, handouts or illustrations.
- ____Do the page numbers in your Table of Contents match the page numbers in your text? Last minute changes can alter your page numbering sequence.
- ____All theses and projects submitted electronically to Bronco Scholar must be tagged for accessibility or ADA compliance so that users with disabilities are able to read your submission. Before submitting the electronic files to Bronco Scholar, you will have to complete this tutorial on accessibility: http://tinyurl.com/krf4z24.
- ____(Optional) You are encouraged to attend an accessibility workshop at the University Library on Feb. 19th and get a walkthrough of the importance of adding captions, and what some common errors might be. Register for the workshop here: http://tinyurl.com/np7nvgt.
- ____Schedule a preliminary Library format check approximately 30 days before the submission deadline and prior to having committee members sign the Signature Page (see item number 11, below). Optimally, theses and projects should undergo a preliminary review no less than two weeks before the posted deadline. If not, there is no guarantee that you will have time to complete all the requirements in order to graduate that quarter. Call Brenda Arnold in the Library Administration Office at 909-869-3076 to schedule this preliminary format review at the library. Bring a paper copy of your thesis or project to the preliminary review. (You may also bring along your laptop, if you wish.)
- ____Make any necessary format changes to your paper following the preliminary format review appointment. If necessary, you may need to schedule an additional “preliminary” format review appointment prior to submitting your final electronic copy.
- ____Tag your document in Word, LaTeX and/or in Adobe Acrobat and correct all accessibility errors.
- ____Committee members will sign off on the thesis/project at the conclusion of the defense. The thesis/project will generally be in its final format at the time of the defense, although changes may be made after that time if required by the examining committee. Have all Committee members sign 1 copy of the signature page of your thesis/project. Optional: If you wish, you may request up to five bound copies. If so, please bring the printed copies (including the signed signature page) and the completed Thesis & Project Electronic Submission Form to your final library format review appointment.
- ____Fill out the Thesis & Project Electronic Submission Form (http://tinyurl.com/q7g333x).
- ____Request a login for Bronco Scholar: http://tinyurl.com/kn3ph4a. It will take the library up to 72 hours to process your login request, so please make this request early to avoid delays in processing. You will receive an email confirming that you can access Bronco Scholar to upload your thesis. Please note that you will upload your thesis to Bronco Scholar after you receive clearance from Library reviewer.
- ____Schedule a final Library format review appointment.
- ____To the final format review appointment, bring one printed copy of your thesis or project (for the reviewer’s use). A Library Reviewer will verify and sign off that you have followed the formatting instructions only after all committee members have signed one copy of your Signature Page. Take the completed Thesis & Project Electronic Submission Form with you to the Library format review. Also, obtain a payment voucher form during this appointment.
- ____Upload your project or thesis to Bronco Scholar. Please review this tutorial http://tinyurl.com/nxy3spm if you would like step-by-step assistance with uploading your thesis. Once you have completed the submission and signed the distribution license, you will receive an email confirmation that your submission has been received.
- ____Fill out the Report of Culminating Experience (RCE) form (PDF). This form is to be filed by all graduate students who are applying to graduate and will be kept by the Evaluations office as part of the student's permanent file. Submit RCE Form to Graduate Studies Office before the last day to clear deficiencies for graduation.
- ____Pay electronic submission fees at the Cashier's Office. (Additional fees apply if submitting copies for binding).
- ____Go to the Graduate Studies Office, CLA Building, 98-T7-18 (7th floor, Rm. 18) to turn in your fee payment receipt, your thesis & project electronic submission form, and your signature page. (If ordering bound copies, please indicate this on the Thesis & Project Electronic Submission Form. Additional fees apply).
- ____If you want to file a copyright registration, information is available from the U.S. Copyright Office
- ____Wait 6 to 8 weeks for thesis or project to be uploaded to Bronco Scholar.