Assessment Practice and Discovery Mini Grant
Call for applications for Summer 2019 Funding!
The Office of Assessment and Program Review would like to support the investigation of student learning at the program level. Assessment of student learning at the program level is an essential tool for programs to ask questions about and to improve student learning. To support these efforts, the Office of Assessment and Program Review would like to support summer stipends for faculty and/or project costs (up to $1,000 per project). The Academic Programs Assessment Committee (APAC) with faculty representing all colleges and the library have developed guidelines to apply for an Assessment Practice and Discovery Mini Grant.
Awards may be used for, but are not limited to:
- Implementing an assessment plan at the program level;
- Revising the overall assessment within the program;
- Using assessment to address equity gaps;
- Developing assessment instruments/tools (i.e. capstone courses, rubrics, test items, etc.);
- Improving an existing tool to assess learning outcomes;
- Funding training sessions, workshops, guest speakers, or assessment-related department retreats;
- Create a plan for continuous improvement (i.e. close the loop);
- Assessing collaborative, interdisciplinary programs.
- Applicant must be a full-time faculty member at Cal Poly Pomona;
- Applicant’s normal responsibilities must be directly involved with student learning.
Funds will be distributed once the following are completed:
- Final report (using a provided template) must be submitted by September 6th, 2019. The report will provide details on how the grant funds were utilized, details the aims, strategies utilized, the results obtained, and the next steps for this project. Final reports are to be submitted to the Office of Assessment and Program Review at email@example.com.
- Participate in the annual Stories of Successful Learning poster session during Fall Conference, even if the research is ongoing.
- Proposals are due to the Office of Assessment and Program Review by Friday, April 12th
- Funding decisions will be announced by Friday, May 10th.