Applying as a Graduate Student

Applying as a Graduate Student

Graduate admissions for specific academic programs is open for the fall, winter and spring quarters.  For more information about available programs, open terms and application deadlines, visit Cal State Apply.

Apply Online by the Admission Deadline

All graduate and post-baccalaureate applicants (e.g. master’s degree applicants and credentials) must complete a graduate/post baccalaureate application for admission.

Applications are subject to close at any time after the Initial Filing Period ends. Please visit Graduate Admission Deadlines for all initial filing periods and extended deadlines for specific programs.

Submit Transcripts and other Required Documents

Official transcripts must be sent directly to:
Cal Poly Pomona
Office of Admissions and Enrollment Planning
3801 West Temple Avenue
Pomona, CA  91768


The academic department to which you are applying MAY require other supporting documents (i.e. unofficial transcripts, a supplemental department application, GRE or GMAT scores, resume, statement of purpose, letters of recommendation, portfolios, etc.).  When requested, these supplemental materials must usually be sent directly to the specific academic program requesting the information. 

Pay the Admission Application Fee

Your application requires a $55 application fee that must be paid by the application deadline.  Please note, there are  no fee waivers available for graduate applicants.

Former Students

Applicants who complete undergraduate degree requirements at Cal Poly Pomona and graduate the preceding term are also required to complete and submit an application and the $55 non-refundable application fee.

Former students returning to the university after an absence of more than two consecutive quarters in a calendar year must file a complete application for admission and pay the application fee. Former students, who take a leave of absence for five or more years, should request official transcripts from all institutions to be sent to the Office of Admissions and Enrollment Planning.