As a transfer applicant, you must meet the minimum California State University eligibility requirements listed below as the first step in being considered for admission. Additional criteria may be used for certain majors.
Cal Poly Pomona requires all transfer students to complete the following requirements *prior to transferring:
- Must be in good academic standing at the last institution attended
- Must have a minimum 2.00 GPA in transferable coursework.
- Must have at least 60 total transferable semester units or 90 transferable quarter units.
- Of the 60 semester units, 30 semester (or 45 quarter) units must be in General Education.
The "Golden Four" courses completed with a C or better in the following GE categories:
*Please note that all requirements must be completed by Spring for a Fall admissions.
If you are attending a California Community College, please reference Assist.org to ensure courses satisfy the Golden Four.
College Board Advance Placement (AP) Examination Credit
Cal Poly Pomona grants credit toward graduation for successful completion of examinations of the Advanced Placement Program of the College Board. Students who present scores of three or better will receive college credit.
AP credit may also be used to satisfy the following Golden Four requirements, if qualifying scores have been obtained on the AP exam:
- English Composition
- College-level Mathematics
Please note official AP scores must be sent to the Office of Admissions and Enrollment Planning.
For specific information on Advanced Placement credit.