The California State University (CSU) designates majors as "impacted," meaning there are more applications from qualified applicants than there are spaces available.
Applying to an Impacted Major
- Applicants must meet University admission requirements, in addition to the supplemental criteria for impacted majors.
- First-Time Freshman admissions is determined by their Eligibility Index (GPA and SAT/ACT scores).
- Admission of First-Time Freshmen is dependent on receipt of an official final high school transcript.
*Note: Continuing students interested in a change of major to an impacted major must also meet supplemental criteria defined by Cal Poly Pomona.
- Freshmen Requirement
- Official SAT or ACT scores received by the University no later than January 31.
- Transfer Requirement
- Golden 4 completion with "C" or better no later than the Spring term prior to enrollment
- For a list of transferable courses please visit www.assist.org.