The California State University (CSU) designates majors as "impacted," meaning there are more applications from qualified applicants than there are spaces available.
The CSU will announce during the fall filing period those majors that are impacted and the supplementary criteria campuses will use. That announcement will be published in the CSU Review, which is distributed to high school and college counselors.
All transfer applicants for impacted academic majors must meet supplemental eligibility criteria defined by Cal Poly Pomona, in addition to all CSU eligibility requirements.
Applying to an Impacted Major
- Applications will only be accepted for the fall quarter.
- Applications must be submitted by November 30 for the fall quarter of the following year (postmark by Nov. 30 will be accepted).
- Applicants must meet University admission requirements and supplemental major requirements.
- Admission of upper division transfer students will be based on overall GPA in transferable courses, completion of all supplemental program requirements and "Golden Four" courses with a grade of "C" or better.
- Admission for upper division transfer students must complete 60 or more transferable semester college units (90 quarter units) the Spring term prior to enrolling.
- Admission of upper division transfer students is dependent on receipt of all official final college transcripts.
*Note: Eligible California veterans receive admission priority. Continuing students seeking a change of major into an impacted program must also meet supplemental criteria defined by Cal Poly Pomona.
- Freshmen Requirement
- Official SAT or ACT scores received by the University no later than January 31.
- Transfer Requirement
- Golden 4 completion with "C" or better no later than the Spring term prior to enrollment
- For a list of transferable courses please visit www.assist.org.