The California State University (CSU) designates majors as "impacted," meaning there are more applications from qualified applicants than there are spaces available.
Applying to an Impacted Major
- Applications will only be accepted for the fall semester.
- Applicants must meet University admission requirements and supplemental major requirements.
- Admission of upper division transfer students will be based on overall GPA in transferable courses, completion of all supplemental program requirements and "Golden Four" courses with a grade of "C" or better.
- Admission for upper division transfer students must complete 60 or more transferable semester college units (90 quarter units) the Spring term prior to enrolling.
- Admission of upper division transfer students is dependent on receipt of all official final college transcripts.
*Note: Eligible California veterans receive admission priority. Continuing students seeking a change of major into an impacted program must also meet supplemental criteria defined by Cal Poly Pomona.
- Freshmen Requirement
- Official SAT or ACT scores received by the University no later than January 31.
- Transfer Requirement
- Golden 4 completion with "C" or better no later than the Spring term prior to enrollment
- For a list of transferable courses please visit www.assist.org.