Skip To Content

Military Service Credit

Credit for military service

If you have an honorable discharge from the U.S. military and are admitted as a freshman or transfer undergraduate, you will receive 9 units of elective credit toward your baccalaureate degree. You will be asked to submit evidence of satisfactory completion of at least one year of active military service.

An additional 13.5 quarter units of elective credit will be allowed toward graduation if you submit evidence of receiving a commission in the Army, Navy, Air Force, Coast Guard or Marine Corps.  The maximum total credits you can receive towards graduation for military service is 22.5 quarter units.

Credit is not given for completion of the six-month reserve training programs or for college-level general education development tests.

Military course/training articulation

If you have completed basic military training and served one year of active duty service, ENG 104 or a comparable transfer course may be approved for General Education Area E credit (4 units).

Transfer credit

If you have attended accredited two-year and/or  four-year colleges, you will be given credit for college-level courses completed. These credits may count toward meeting curriculum requirements when applicable, or as elective credits. A maximum of 70 semester units (105 quarter units) of community college course credit may be applied toward a bachelor’s degree.

For additional information about transferable coursework that may meet a Cal Poly Pomona requirement, contact your veterans admission counselor in the Office of Admission & Outreach or go to Transfer Credit.