In honor of the 75th anniversary of Cal Poly Pomona the College of Agriculture presents the College of Agriculture Garden Club. There are no dues, officers, committees or fundraisers—just gardening fun! If you want to learn more about gardening and mingle with garden lovers alike then bring your lunch and come to our events. We plan to have monthly speakers/field trips October through May.
All faculty, staff, students, alumni and emeriti
are invited to our next speaker on
Wednesday May 13, 2015
with Dr. Jerry and Ann Croissant, Plant Scientists
"Wildflowers for My Garden"
Time: 12:00 - 1:00 pm
Location: Library, 4th Floor, Special Events Room
People curious about which wildflowers of the San Gabriel Mountains will thrive in an urban garden can join us for a presentation, hands-on activity and a Q-&-A session. Dr. Croissant is a Professor Emeritus from the College of Agriculture.
Enjoy the summer in your garden and check back in September for our October speaker.
Who is invited to our monthly events?
All faculty, staff, students, emeriti, and alumni are automatically members of the Garden Club. We would appreciate an RSVP by e-mail if you think you might be coming but it is not required.
Suggestions and Contact Information
See more about our previous speakers and events on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/aggardenclub
- May 13, 2015 Drs. Ann & Jerry Croissant presenting "Wildflowers for My Garden"
- April 29, 2015 John Hiatt presenting "The Next Perfect Rose for My Garden"
- April 7, 2015 Dr. Peggy Perry presenting "Is the Pen Mightier Than the Trowel?" View our poster for this event.
- March 10, 2015 with Keiji Uesugi presenting The Aratani Japanese Garden at CPP
- February 16, 2015 with Mike Brown presenting The CPP Biotrek Learning Center
- January 21, 2015 with Dr. Les Young presenting Good Bugs and Bad Bugs in the Garden
- December 3, 2014 with Arde Riazi, Armstrong Garden presenting Christmas Decorating with Housepplants
- November 12, 2014 with John Hiatt from Facilities Landscaping staff presenting The President’s Manor House Gardens
- October 13, 2014 with Dr. Peggy Perry, Plant Science Professor presenting What Is Your Garden Style?
- June 18, 2014 with Dr. Edward Bobich, Biology Professor presenting The New Mesozoic Garden
- May 21, 2014 with Alan Moss from Armstrong Garden presenting Waterwise Gardening
- April 23, 2014 with Dr. Richard Richards, Professor Emeritus on Growing Award Winning Irises
- March 14, 2014 with Cheryl and Milli, from Table2Garden.net presenting Artistic Designs with Succulents
» Be sure to visit their website at www.table2garden.net
- February 19, 2014 with Dr. Fred Roth, Professor Emeritus discussing Tree Care and Pruning
- January 15, 2014 with John Hiatt, Cal Poly Gardener discussing Rose Care and Pruning
- December 4, 2013 with Karlene Morris, ASID discussing Bringing Your Outdoors in for Holiday Arrangements
» See the beautiful arrangements our speaker made during the meeting
- November 8, 2013 with Armstrong Garden Center discussing Container Gardening
» Find out how you can make your container garden look as good as theirs.
- October 11, 2013 with Jo Ann Carey discussing Square Foot Gardening