Ways to Give
There are many ways you can support the College of Agriculture!
STEP 1: Determine what you want to support
The college’s Development Office can provide you with additional information on Giving Opportunities. In general:
- Unrestricted Gifts give the Dean’s office, degree programs and centers flexibility to support immediate and future needs.
- Restricted Gifts are directed by you to meet an identified need within the college.
STEP 2: Determine how you wish to make your gift
An outright gift is just as its name applies: a gift transferred immediately from you to benefit the college. This includes cash, pledges, securities, gifts-in-kind, real estate and matching gifts.
- Cash Gifts can be made through credit/debit card transactions, outright cash, or personal checks, cashier’s checks, or money orders made payable to the Cal Poly Pomona Foundation. Please contact our Development Office at (909) 869-5390 for information on how to make a wire transfer.
- Pledges enable you to plan a gift that is both convenient and tax-wise. A pledge allows you to consider a more significant gift that otherwise may not be possible and is payable over five years.
- Gifts of Securities may be contributed as outright gifts or as a pledge payment. When you make a gift of long-term appreciated securities (stocks, bonds or mutual funds that have grown in value), your income tax deduction is equal to the current fair market value of the securities, and you may avoid capital gains taxes on the transfer.
- Gifts of Real Estate can be contributed as an outright gift or a gift through your estate. It also may be given to fund a deferred gift such as a charitable remainder trust. Other gifting options allow for continued use of the property during your lifetime or for lifetime income.
- Gifts-in-Kind are items of tangible personal property such as art, books, technology or livestock.
- Matching Gifts enable you to double or triple the impact of your outright gifts if your employer offers a matching gift program. To determine whether your company will match your gift, please visit http://www.matchinggifts.com/cpp.
Deferred gifts enable you to arrange charitable contributions in a manner that maximizes your personal objectives and financial goals. Many plans provide flexibility during your lifetime, even though the college will not realize the benefit until sometime in the future. The most common types of deferred plans are bequests, retirement plan designations, charitable remainder trusts, charitable lead trusts and gifts of paid-up life insurance policies.
STEP 3: Make your gift
Donate online: Donate Now
College of Agriculture
California State Polytechnic University, Pomona
3801 West Temple Avenue
Pomona, CA 91768
Checks payable to: The Cal Poly Pomona Foundation
Please contact our Development Office for more information.