Academic Department Engagement Funds
Process for Expenditures
- Allocations and expenditures will use each regular department ID and are tracked university-wide with class code C3501. The chartfield string for all expenditures must end with C3501 instead of the typical five zeros or another class code.
- All expenditures must conform to established University guidelines and policies for the general fund.
- Funds may be spent on food and refreshments at events, room rental fees, vehicle rental fees and other event costs as long as they conform to University policies for these items.
- Funds may be used to support newly-developed activities, or to supplement the funds available for already existing ones.
- Funds should be used during the academic year in which they were budgeted. Unused funds may carryforward for projects in progress but balances without activity may be reverted to the pool of funds for Student Engagement in Academic Departments for future distribution.