CATEGORIES OF MEMBERSHIP
Candidates are students who meet certain requirements but have not yet been initiated into the fraternity. Candidacy lasts for a minimum of 1 academic quarter and a maximum of a year. Members of the organization are those who have been initiated and maintain good standing, as described below.
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS FOR SUBMISSION
- Completed Application Form
- Corresponding Fee
- Unoffical transcripts (copied onto a MS Word document and forwarded to the Membership Director)
REQUIREMENTS FOR CANDIDACY
Undergraduate and non-degree post-baccalaureate business students shall be eligible for Candidate status after they, at a minimum:
- Have declared (or have stated an intention to declare) a concentration in accounting, finance or computer information systems
- Have completed at least one year full time (12 units or more) of collegiate courses
- Have attained a cumulative GPA of at least 3.00
Students seeking to be Beta Alpha Psi candidates must declare their candidacy when they have at least the equivalent of one academic year remaining prior to graduation. A student may remain a candidate for no more than 12 months prior to induction as a full member; exceptions for special circumstances may be made only with approval of the chapter's faculty advisor.
Candidates must be present at 75% of meetings held during each quarter they are candidates. Just prior to initiation, an assessment will be made as to whether the candidate complied. If it is found that the candidate did not meet this requirement, he/she will not be initiated as a member, but may continue to remain a candidate for a period no longer than 12 months from the time they became a candidate.
REQUIREMENTS FOR INITIATION TO FULL MEMBERSHIP
Undergraduate and non-degree post-baccalaureate business students shall be eligible for election to membership after they:
- Have declared a concentration in accounting, finance, or computer information systems
- Have completed, in addition to two years of collegiate courses, at least one upper-division course in their major outside the business core (e.g. ACC 304)
- Have attained both a major GPA (upper-division courses outside the business core) and a cumulative GPA of 3.00
- Have been accepted and matriculated into a Master’s degree program in accounting, finance, or computer information systems
Graduate business students shall be eligible for election to membership after they:
To maintain good standing, members must be present at 50% of all weekly meetings or their membership will be revoked after 2 quarters of non-compliance. In addition, a minimum of 32 hours must be completed each academic year. These include 12 professional hours, 12 service hours and an additional 8 of either professional or service hours.