Eligible CSU employees may enroll in one of two dental plans for themselves and their eligible dependents. The full dental plan rates are currently paid by the CSU.
The two plans to choose from are:
- Delta Dental PPO (Indemnity Plan)
- DeltaCare USA (Prepaid Plan)
Following are some resources and information to assist you in choosing and enrolling in a dental plan:
- Please review the Dental Plan Summary & Comparison to see how the copays, deductibles, and benefit maximums differ by the benefit level applicable for your employee group.
- For additional information, please refer to the Delta Dental CSU specific website or contact the plan directly for additional details: Contact information
- When you have made your choice, fill out the Enrollment Worksheet (PDF). If enrolling any dependents, you will need to provide each dependent's Social Security Number, a copy of marriage certificate if enrolling a spouse, a copy of Domestic Partnership certification if enrolling a Domestic Partner, and birth certificates for dependent children. When enrolling in multiple benefit programs (medical, dental, vision, etc.), please just complete one worksheet and provide one set of documentation copies for your dependents to be covered.
- Return all forms and documentation to the Benefits Office.
Effective Date of Coverage – If you enroll on or before the last day of the pay period in which you are appointed, the effective date of medical coverage will be the first day of the following month.
Enrollment Period – You have 60 calendar days from your appointment date to enroll in benefits.
The CSU Delta Dental PPO Dental Program is an indemnity plan under the Delta Dental Plan of California. There are three benefit levels in this plan: basic, enhanced level I and enhanced level II. The plan sets the limits that it will pay for each specific type of dental treatment. Members are responsible for paying any remaining balance that might be due based on the type of dental treatment they receive.
Employees enrolled in the indemnity plan have the option of selecting a dentist of his/her choice from either the Delta Dental Premier Network in California, or a non-Delta dentist. Within Delta's Premier network, there is a select group of dentists who also are members of the Delta Dental PPO network. Dentists in the PPO network have agreed to charge significantly lower fees than other dentists, and employees who select a dentist from the Delta Dental PPO network will pay less out-of-pocket expenses and could save an average of 23 - 30% on most services. Additional information is detailed in the Two Dental Networks - Two Ways to Save brochure.
- Enrollees may select a dentist of their choice.
- Members may choose a dentist in the Delta Premier or Delta PPO network and pay less.
- The plan sets the limits it pays for each specific type of dental treatment. Members are responsible for paying any remaining balance.
- You may read the Evidence of Coverage for information on covered benefits.
- You will need to complete and submit your own claim forms for services provided by a non-Delta dentist.
- Register online for member services and to view your claims.
There are two benefit levels in the prepaid plan: basic and enhanced. The prepaid plan requires the employee and their eligible dependents to use a dentist from a specific list of dentists who contract with the selected prepaid carrier. Most basic services are covered at low or no cost.
- Enrollees and their eligible dependents are required to use a dentist who is a contracted DeltaCare USA provider.
- Most basic services are covered at no cost.
- View the Evidence of Coverage for information on covered benefits.