Administered by Vision Service Plan (VSP) - Group Plan Number #30059426
Eligible CSU employees and their dependents are automatically enrolled in the CSU vision insurance plan, with plan rates paid by the university. Vision Service Plan (VSP) provides the administration of vision benefits and claims on behalf of the CSU Vision Plan.
The CSU Vision Plan Benefits
- One comprehensive eye exam every calendar year.
- One pair of lenses every other calendar year (or calendar year if your prescription changes) and one frame every other calendar year.
- Contact lenses every other calendar year when contact lenses are provided in lieu of all other lens and frame benefits.
- Under VSP, the frequency of benefits is based on a calendar year perspective. For example, if an employee has an eye exam in February 2015, he/she will be eligible for another eye exam on January 1, 2016, or thereafter.
Under VSP, the following vision benefits are available to eligible CSU employees:
- In-network frame allowance - $95.00;
- Out-of-network frame allowance - $60.00;
- In-network contact lens allowance - $120.00;
- Polycarbonate lenses are covered for dependent children in-network up to age 26, instead of age 12; and
- Discounts of approximately 15% for laser correction surgery are available
Accessing Benefits - VSP Group Plan Number #30059426
- By choosing a participating provider in the Vision Service Plan (VSP) network, the insurance will cover more out-of-pocket costs.
- Claim form is not required when using standard in-network benefits.
- Services provided by a non-VSP provider must be paid in full by the employee. For reimbursement, complete a VSP Out-of-Network Reimbursement form (.pdf). For complete benefits information visit the following URL: https://csyou.calstate.edu/Employee-Resources/Benefits/health/Pages/vision-plan.aspx
- For employees eligible for the Video Display Terminal benefit, print the VDT Claim Form (.pdf) and present this to the VSP Select Network doctor or non-VSP provider.
VSP Online Access
- Employees can complete an online member registration enrollment to create a user identification (ID) and password, for the purpose of viewing his/her vision benefits at www.vsp.com. For instructions on how to complete the member registration enrollment, view the "VSP Member Registration "Slide Show."