FREE FRL 300/301 Tutoring
The FRL department offers free tutoring for FRL 300 and 301. No appointments are necessary.
When: Mondays, 10 am - 1 pm; Thursdays, 12pm - 1:30pm
Where: Building 164, room 2093.
When: Tuesdays, 12pm - 1:30 pm; Wednesdays, 10 am - 1 pm
Where: Building 164, room 2093.
Change of major
Our Winter 2015 Meetings are:
Wed March 4, 12pm - 1pm, building 163, room 2032.
All students who have entered the university as an undeclared major or who wish to change from another degree program or emphasis (in the case of CBA students) to finance, real estate and law are required to attend a change of major meeting with the department chair and submit a Petition to Change Major Curriculum Form.
Our department has a few policies to be aware of before switching:
1) your Cal Poly GPA must be at least 2.20 or higher
2) if you are at Junior or Senior status, you must have passed MAT 125 (or equivalent/higher) with a C or better
3) you must not have ANY academic holds on your account
4) you need to attend a mandatory FRL change of major meeting
If you have any concerns regarding our policies, feel free to contact us regarding your situation.
To have your name added to our contact list for the next meeting, please email Ana Austin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Permission numbers are only given to students who come to the department office. Permission numbers will not be administered over the phone.
Only one permission number may be given to a student at a time. Please know the number or section number before coming in to the department office.
If you do not meet the prerequisites for the class, you will not be given a permission number.
If you are in concurrent enrollment with two or more universities/colleges, you must have completed the appropriate course and received the appropriate grade, and you must bring in proof to the department office, before receiving a permission number.
You MUST bring proof of ALL of the prerequisites required for the course, even if they were taken at Cal Poly. An unofficial transcript is sufficient.
A permission number will not put you into the class if the class is full, it will only add you to the waiting list.
- MAT 125 is required for students on a curriculum year after fall 2009 with a grade of C (2.0) or better for ALL majors.
- A grade of C (2.0) or better is required for all of the following classes for FRL students: EC 201, EC 202, ENG 104, ENG 105, STA 120, MAT 125, ACC 207/207A, ACC 208/208A, TOM 302, FRL 367.
- ACC 207/207A must be taken before FRL 300. FRL & ACC students need a C (2.0) or better.
- ACC 208/208A must be taken before FRL 301. FRL & ACC students need a C (2.0) or better, and must have a C (2.0) or better in ACC 208/208A and FRL 300.
- TOM 302 must be taken before FRL 330, with a C (2.0) or better. No exceptions.
- FRL 367 must be taken before FRL 440 with a C (2.0) or better. No exceptions.
- FRL 306 requires MAT 125, ACC 207/207A, EC 201, FRL 201, and FRL 300 with a C (2.0) or better for all majors, regardless of curriculum year. (Construction engineering majors need only MAT 114+115 with a C (2.0) or better.)
- Having a real estate license will not waive any prerequisite in the department for any class.