Skip To Content

College of Business Administration

Student Information

The following advising tools are designed to assist students and their advisors:

  • Curriculum sheets list the core and support courses required for a particular major and suggest general education classes that will result in the most efficient path to a degree in that major.
  • Road maps are a quarter-by-quarter plan of the courses required for a particular major and also include reminders and major-specific advice.
  • Prerequisite list for ALL FRL courses.

Permission numbers

Permission numbers are only given to students who come to the department office. Permission numbers will not be administered over the phone.

Only one permission number may be given to a student at a time. Please know the number or section number before coming in to the department office.

If you do not meet the prerequisites for the class, you will not be given a permission number.

If you are in concurrent enrollment with two or more universities/colleges, you must have completed the appropriate course and received the appropriate grade, and you must bring in proof to the department office, before receiving a permission number.

You MUST bring proof of ALL of the prerequisites required for the course, even if they were taken at Cal Poly. An unofficial transcript is sufficient.

A permission number will not put you into the class if the class is full, it will only add you to the waiting list.


  • MAT 125 is required for students on a curriculum year after fall 2009 with a grade of C (2.0) or better for ALL majors.
  • A grade of C (2.0) or better is required for all of the following classes for FRL students: EC 201, EC 202, ENG 104, ENG 105, STA 120, MAT 125, ACC 207/207A, ACC 208/208A, TOM 302, FRL 367.
  • ACC 207/207A must be taken before FRL 300. FRL & ACC students need a C (2.0) or better.
  • ACC 208/208A must be taken before FRL 301. FRL & ACC students need a C (2.0) or better, and must have a C (2.0) or better in ACC 208/208A and FRL 300.
  • TOM 302 must be taken before FRL 330, with a C (2.0) or better. No exceptions.
  • FRL 367 must be taken before FRL 440 with a C (2.0) or better. No exceptions.
  • FRL 306 requires MAT 125, ACC 207/207A, EC 201, FRL 201, and FRL 300 with a C (2.0) or better for all majors, regardless of curriculum year. (Construction engineering majors need only MAT 114+115 with a C (2.0) or better.)
  • Having a real estate license will not waive any prerequisite in the department for any class.

College of Business Administration Student Success Center:

The Student Success Center (SSC), in Building 164, Room 1060, is designed to help all CBA majors by:

  1. Providing general academic information.
  2. Assisting in the completion/processing of various university forms (e.g., general academic petitions, drop petitions).
  3. Maintaining a supply of most university petitions and forms. Please visit SSC and find out what services it offers.

Related Links