Graduate Programs for Working Professionals
The on-campus evening Master of Business Administration (MBA) program is designed for working professionals who wish to extend their current knowledge and boost their career potential while continuing their daytime employment.
Features of the MBA
- Evening classes meet one night per week or occasionally on Saturdays.
- Graduate faculty are published scholars and/or industry professionals who are all highly qualified in their respective disciplines.
- Classrooms are equipped with wireless access and high speed networks.
- Several career emphases are available to better fit your degree to your individual needs.
- Our outstanding advising staff is available evenings to assist you.
Classes normally meet from 6:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. one night per week on campus. The MBA program is cohort based to ensure timely completion and curriculum cohesiveness, therefore students will take two classes per quarter. Learn more about our General MBA program. For a full description of our courses, please click here.
“We need to hire the best and brightest and we go out to the universities, we see those students there, but we also see a lot of other government agencies and a lot of private industries that are all after the same skills. There aren't enough people to satisfy all the needs in the country and that is a significant problem for us.” - Dickie George, Information Assurance Director, NSA
Cal Poly Pomona offers a Master of Science in Business Administration (MSBA) degree with an option in Information Systems (IS) Auditing. The program is for business decision makers, information systems technical specialists and managers, accounting professionals or others who wish to pursue a career in IS auditing. The objectives of the program are as follows:
- Developing an understanding of the role and scope of IS auditing and its relationship to an organization.
- Acquiring the ability to plan, conduct and report the findings of an audit.
- Preparing students for careers in the IS auditing profession.
A minimum of 48 units is required for the MSBA degree with an emphasis in IS Auditing. Candidates complete a project or pass a comprehensive examination as their capstone experience. Learn more about this unique program.
Business Core (16 units)
- Managerial Accounting for Decision Making
- Seminar in Organizational Behavior
- Financial Decision Making
- Strategic Management
Information Assurance (32 units)
- IS Auditing
- Computer Based Data Communications
- Legal Environment of Information Systems
- Advanced IS Auditing
- Security and Privacy of Information
- Computer Forensics
- Information Systems Seminar
- Advanced Computer Forensics
Cal Poly Pomona’s Master of Science in Accountancy (MSA) program is designed to meet the needs of the ever-changing accounting profession, whether in public accounting, corporate accounting, government and not-for-profit accounting or some other areas of practice.
The program provides an integrated curriculum comprised of 45 quarter units, featuring the sound theoretical, applied, analytical, and interdisciplinary courses that prepare students for a successful career in the profession. Some of these courses include:
- Accounting Ethics
- Assurance and Regulation in Accounting
- Business Valuation Using Financial Statements
- Contemporary Accounting Issues
- International Accounting Issues
- Internal Control and Corporate Governance
- Management Control in Not-for-Profit Organizations
- Strategic Tax Planning
Waivable Prerequisites (16 units. Primarily for students with non-accounting undergraduate degrees)
Students must earn a “C” or better in each of the following (or their equivalent), with a minimum overall GPA for the prerequisite courses of 3.0. The waiver decision will be made by the Director or Associate Director of the MSA program.
A. ACC 304 (Introduction to Accounting Information Systems)
B. ACC 307 (Cost Accounting)
C. ACC 402 (Financial Accounting and Analysis) OR (ACC 311 and ACC 312: Intermediate Accounting)
D. ACC 419 (Auditing)
E. ACC 431 (Taxation of Individuals)
MSA faculty members are highly qualified scholars who meet the College’s rigorous “academically qualified” standard for AACSB accreditation.
|Apply to Full-Time MSA Program|
In the Accelerated MSA program, students take up to three courses per quarter, enabling completion in a single calendar year.  Additional information can be found at the College of Extended University's website.
The program meets the “accounting study” requirements for CPA licensure in California.
For more information, or if you have questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
. Students who do not have an Accounting undergraduate degree may be required to complete a set of pre-requisite courses.