Benkie Family Leadership Scholarship (Undergraduate)
Purpose: The Benkie Family Leadership Scholarship provides direct support to students in the form of funds to cover the cost of in-state academic fees. It provides assistance to full-time, undergraduate international business and marketing (IBM) students at Cal Poly Pomona. Recipients must reapply annually. Priority will be given to renewable scholarship recipients who meet criteria, but the award is not automatically given to the prior year’s recipients.
CBA Undergraduate Scholarship
Criteria: Priority will be given to junior/senior students, but it is open to all class levels. The scholarships are awarded to students who:
- Are declared international business or marketing management majors in the College of Business Administration.
- Have a minimum 3.0 overall GPA and minimum 3.0 GPA for IBM classes.
- Provide a personal statement describing outstanding service and/or leadership to a student club and/or community organization, why the scholarship would be meaningful and how it would help achieve educational and career goals.
- Are enrolled in a minimum of 12 credits of academic work each quarter and do not drop below that number at any time during the academic year, excluding summer quarter.
ApplicationSubmit the following (hard copies only) to the IBM Department office (164-3068):
- Personal statement of why you deserve the award, addressing the issues described above.
- Letters of recommendation from two members of the IBM faculty.
Deadline for applications: Spring 2014—to be announced.
Award amount: Two separate scholarships of $1,500 each.
Scholarship award schedule: Awarded each spring quarter.
To learn more about scholarships awarded by the International Business and Marketing Department in the College of Business Administration, talk to your chair or department coordinator.
The College of Business Administration also awards scholarships to business majors. For more information, visit the scholarships page.