The faculty of the Management and Human Resources Department at Cal Poly Pomona prepares students to become effective professionals by employing the “learn by doing” philosophy and the “teacher-scholar” model. Through discipline-based knowledge, we develop our students’ skills in management, human resources and entrepreneurship. Our aim is to graduate students who are productive and responsible citizens.
By the year 2025 the Management and Human Resources Department at Cal Poly Pomona will graduate highly competent students of diverse backgrounds by providing them with the skills and knowledge necessary to compete and succeed in the 21st century. Our faculty will have a reputation of producing high quality research that bridges the gap between theory and practice and informs our teaching. We will achieve this by:
• Developing specialization areas of excellence
• Fostering a culture of research, scholarship and creative activities
• Increasing connections with the business community and providing students with networking opportunities
• Mentoring students in their different stages of development
• Providing high-quality student development opportunities