Recent Research Publications by Technology and Operations Management Department Faculty
Faculty in Technology and Operations Management Department engage in variety of scholarly activities. Their work has appeared in high impact journals such as Management Science, Organization Science, Production and Operations Management, Decision Analysis, European Journal of Operational Research, Computers & Operations Research, International Journal of Production Economics etc.
Supply Chain Management -
Expertise Areas: supply chain strategy, closed-loop supply chain, supply chain sustainability, new product design, supply chain contracts
- A. Halati and Y. He (2018). Intersection of economic and environmental goals of sustainable development initiatives. Journal of Cleaner Production.
- J. Ru, with R. Shi and J. Zhang (2017). When does A Supply Chain Member Benefit from Vendor Managed Inventory?Production and Operations Management
- W. Zhu and Y. He (2017). Green product design in supply chains under competition. European Journal of Operational Research, 258(1), 165–180.
- Y. He (2017). Supply risk sharing in a closed-loop supply chain. International Journal of Production Economics, 183, 39–52.
- C. Huynh, C. So, and K. C. Gurnani (2016). Managing a closed-loop supply system with random returns and a cyclic delivery schedule. European Journal of Operational Research 255(3), 787-796.
- W. Zhu (2016). Capacity-based Service and Product Bundle Differentiation in a Supply Chain. Journal of Supply Chain and Operations Management, 14(2), 1.
- X. Xu and F. Fang (2016). Product Line Strategy under Complementary Effects. Journal of Supply Chain and Operations Management, 14(2), 15-22.
- Y. He (2016). Closed-loop supply chain sequential pricing under collection uncertainty. Journal of Supply Chain and Operations Management, 14(1), 17
- J. Ru, R. Shi and J. Zhang (2015). Does a Store Brand Always Hurt the Manufacturer of a Competing National Brand? Production and Operations Management. 24(2) 272-286.
- Pan and C. Huynh (2015). Operational strategies for supplier and retailer with risk preference under VMI contract. International Journal of Production Economics, 169, 413-421.
- Y. He (2015). Acquisition pricing and remanufacturing decisions in a closed-loop supply chain. International Journal of Production Economics, 163, 48–60.
- Fang, J. Ru, and Y. Wang (2014). Optimal Procurement Design of an Assembly Supply Chain with Information Asymmetry. Production and Operations Management. 23(12) 2075-2088.
- A. Halati and Y. He (2014). Reused product pricing and stocking decisions in closed-loop supply chain. Journal of Supply Chain and Operations Management, 12(1), 9.
- Krishnan V., W. Zhu, and R. Bala (2014). Distributed Development and Product Line Decision Making. Production and Operations Management, 6 (23), p. 1057 – 1066
E-Business & Data Analytics
Expertise Areas: e-services offerings, e-commerce design, sharing economy, data analytics
- S. Zeng, with Xun Xu and C.L. Munson (2017). The impact of e-service offerings on the demand of online customers. International Journal of Production Economics, 184, 231-244.
- S. Zeng, with Xun Xu and Y. He (2017). The influence of e-services on customer online purchasing behavior toward remanufactured products. International Journal of Production Economics, 187, 113–125.
- X. Xu (2017). Platform Licensing for Electronic Commerce Ecosystems. Journal of Electronic Commerce Research, 18(2), 177-188.
Expertise Areas: decision analysis, decision support systems, behavioral decision making
- C. Huynh and J. Simon (2016). Using Means Objectives to Present Risk Information. Decision Analysis, 13(2):117-127
- J. Guyse and J. Simon (2011), Consistency Among Elicitation Techniques for Intertemporal Choice: A Within-Subjects Investigation of the Anomalies, Decision Analysis8(3) 233-246
Expertise Areas: curriculum design, assessment, teaching methods
- Myers, A. Kumar, Z. G. Aytug, and L. Preiser-Houy (2018). Purposeful Assessment Design: Aligning Course-Embedded Assessment with Program-Level Learning Goals. Business Education Innovation Journal. Volume 10, No. 1.
- R. Rhodes (2017). Creating engaged learning environments for operations and supply chain management. Journal of Supply Chain and Operations Management—Innovative Education Issue, Volume 15, Issue 3, pages 207-227.
- A. Kumar (2017). A Spreadsheet-based Scheduling Model to Create Individual Graduation Roadmaps. Journal of Supply Chain and Operations Management. Volume 15, No. 2, 165-188.
- A. Sinha, Y. He, and W.P. Millhiser (2016). Matching supply with demand in supply chain management education. The International Journal of Logistics Management, 27(3), 837–861.
- A. Kumar (2014). Modeling a Department Course Scheduling Problem Using Integer Programming: A Spreadsheet based Approach. Academy of Information and Management Sciences Journal. Volume 17, No. 2, 55-69.
- X. Xu and R. Kumar (2014). Tracking Student In - Class Participation in a Hybrid Operations Management Course. Journal of Supply Chain and Operations Management, 12(1), 30-40.