This slideshow contains 10 slides that will change every 8 seconds. The first button is to play and pause the slideshow, followed by buttons to go to the previous slide, next slide, or choose individual slides.
Boys and Girls Club of Pomona Valley
To empower and aid the Cal Poly Pomona community to serve the broader community, enhance educational experiences and develop into conscious leaders.
The Bronco Volunteer Center will strengthen its presence on campus and in the community, becoming the central resource for students, faculty/staff and community partners involved in community engagement, and a model for the innovative expansion and deepening of learning-centered volunteerism.
What We Do:
- Create opportunities that facilitate transformational leadership, intercultural competence and character development through volunteering.
- Maintain a presence in the community through involvement with city officials, committees and community events.
- Provide resources and training for community partners, facilitating an ongoing discussion about how together we can impact our city.
- Encourage the formation and support of campus volunteer organizations, helping them work together, facilitating communication among them and providing training to executive board members in areas they deem helpful.
- Serve as a clearinghouse of on- and off-campus volunteer organizations for students, faculty and staff looking for long-term or one-time volunteer opportunities and matching them with organizations based on their skills, needs and desires.
- Aid offices, clubs and organizations in finding long-term or one-time volunteer opportunities that accentuate their mission statements and provide meaningful experiences to their members.
- Create lifelong commitment to community service within individuals.
- Build alumni connections.