Getting Started

Apply for the program

I am interested in Cooperative Education.  What are my next steps?

In order to participate in Cooperative Education, you will first need to meet the student eligibility requirements below;

Student Eligibility for Co-op:

  • Minimum sophomore class standing
  • GPA 2.0 or greater for undergraduate students
  • GPA 3.0 or greater for graduate students
  • Student must be in good standing with their university
  • If you are a Senior, you must be at least 3 quarters/2 semesters away from graduation
  • Minimum part-time student, some internships may require full-time student status
  • International students are eligible but must follow the criteria set by their International Center


If you meet the student eligibility requirements, your next step is to enroll in the program.  You can enroll by completing our Co-Op Program Application (online form).  The application form may be submitted via email to, for by walking in to our office in Building 1-318.

Once you have submitted your application, you will be added to the program and email list.  A confirmation email will be sent to you and you can begin applying to open Co-Op positions.  Once enrolled you DO NOT have to complete the form again.  You will continue to be enrolled in our program until you reach your graduation date and/or you request to be removed from the program.


If you would like to be removed from the program at any time, please email your request to the Cooperative Education Coordinator at


Once hired students are expected to;

  • Attend the hire orientation with the Co-Op Coordinator at the Cal Poly Pomona campus
  • Enroll in a Co-Op/Internship course (consult with your faculty advisor or department)
  • Course enrollment must be maintained for the duration of the internship
  • Non-Cal Poly Pomona students can enroll in a course by consulting with their faculty advisor
  • Maintain part-time status
  • Maintain full-time status if required by the company
  • Maintain the required GPA
  • Maintain quality coursework
  • Student cannot exceed the maximum allowable Co-Op units for their college/department
    •  Consult with faculty advisor
  • International students must file the required CPT (Curriculum Practical Traning form) with their International Center
  • International students must also abide by any of the requirements/criteria set by their International Center


If you have any questions, please contact our office at (909) 869-4637.