Check List for MA in Education Students

Click here for the Word document version

  • Contract- All M.A. in Education students MUST have a course contract on file.  If you do not have a contract on file, please contact your advisor ASAP, to get this processed.  You will not be able to graduate if this requirement is not meet.
  • Graduate Academic Petition – This petition only needs to be filled out if you have deviated from your original contract, are transferring courses from another university or extended education. (Example: your contract  states GED 506 and you took GED 599 in place of.) 
  • Petition to CHANGE/ADD Graduate Degree objective.  Students must be classified as Masters in Education graduate student. If you have come over to the MA program from the credential program, you need to fill out the Change Petition, to add the MA degree.
  • Project/Thesis Committee ContractAll students need to have a Committee contract on file.  This contract needs to have your “CHAIR’S” name along with your readers (members).  The Chair of you committee must be a Fulltime Professor in the Dept. of Education.  The readers/members must have a Master’s Degree and be proficient in your research/field. 
  • MA in Special Education candidates – you must verify with your advisor, Dr. Wizikowski (, that you hold a teaching credential prior to beginning your culminating activity (project/thesis/comprehensive exam). The university will not issue an MA degree without a valid teaching credential.
  • GRADUATION CHECKALL students must fill out a Graduation Check! You must turn in your graduation check the quarter before you intend to graduate.  It takes at least 90 days for graduation checks to be completed, so the earlier the Grad Check is in, the better for you!!!  The first 3 weeks of the prior semester is preferred.

  • GRADUATION APPLICATIONALL students are required to turn in a Graduation Application.  This MUST be done the quarter you intend to graduate.  There is a $59.00 fee for the Graduation Application.  Graduation Applications are done online through your Bronco Direct Account. Detailed instructions on how to apply are available here: (PDF)
  • Report of Culminating Experience – this form gets turned into the University’s Graduate Studies Office when you take your Project/Thesis in for binding.  This is after you have your final Project/Thesis approved by the library and your Project/Thesis Chair.  You can call the Graduate Studies office at 909-869-3331, to make an appointment.  
  • Grades - Please be pro-active when it comes to your grades.  Check your unofficial transcripts for any RP’s you may have received.  You will need to have these cleared before you degree can post. 
  • ****ERA 6950 (Project)/6960 unit limit is 6****.  You can only receive a grade for one 6 unit course of GED 695/696 per university regulations.  If you have taken the course more than one quarter, you will only receive a grade for one quarter of the course.  The other quarter’s grade will be a No Credit (NC). The NC grad will affect financial aid.
  • Graduate Studies Support Coordinator– Please feel free to contact Rebecca Briseno if you have any questions at or (909) 869-3452.