Any time a student wishes to make a substitution, he/she should always consult with the IGE Department, in addition to his/her major advisor. Only selected courses have been approved for substitution in specific GE areas. Classes are not interchangeable between GE areas.
Substitutions with AP Credit
Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Bronco ID number
- AP credit you would like to use
- IGE course that you would like substituted
Please review the following AP credits that can be used:
- Score of 3 or greater on AP English Language and Composition may be substituted for IGE 122.
- Score of 3 or greater on AP English Language and Literature AP may be substituted for IGE 122 and satisfy additional lower division area C requirements.
- Score of 3 or greater on AP US History may be substituted for IGE 222 or 223.
- Score of 3 or greater on AP American Government (plus passing score on California Government test) may be substituted for IGE 222 or 223.
- Score of 3 or greater in AP Economics may be substituted for IGE 222 or 223.
Substitutions with Course Credit or IB Credit
For courses that may have been taken in place of an IGE course, you will need to complete a Course Substitution Form by visiting the IGE Department Office. Forms can also be found under the Resources section of our website, which you may choose to print and fill out ahead of time.
For IB Credit, these are some of the credits that we are able to use for substitutions.
- Score of 4 or greater on Art IB maybe substituted for IGE 122.
- Score of 4 or greater on Language A1 or A2 IB then may be substituted for IGE 122.