Admission Requirements & Applying
General Admission Requirements for the Accelerated Master of Science in Accountancy (MSA) program:
- Completion of 4-Year Bachelor’s Degree
- 3.0+ Overall GPA (Recommended)
- GMAT Score of 500+ (required unless waived)
- If required, the TOEFL with 213 Computer/550 Paper/80+ Internet Based or IELTS with a 6.5+
Students with an accounting degree from an AACSB-accredited school, earned within the last seven years with a minimum accounting GPA of 3.25 may waive the GMAT. Students are subject to the other admission requirements.
The MSA program admits new cohorts starting every Fall quarter, and applications generally open October 1st of the year prior to admission, with the application deadline occurring in mid-June. Students usually have until mid-July to submit all supporting documentation. For more questions regarding admissions, please visit the Graduate Admissions homepage.
Prerequisites: Primarily for students with non-accounting undergraduate degrees
Students must earn a "C" or better in each of the following (or their equivalent) with a minimum overall GPA for the prerequisite courses of 3.0. The waiver decision will be made by the Program Coordinator for the Accelerated MSA Program.
- ACC 304 (Introduction to Accounting Information Systems)
- ACC 307 (Cost Accounting)
- ACC 402 (Financial Accounting and Analysis) OR ACC 311 and ACC 312 (Intermediate Accounting I & II)
- ACC 419 (Auditing)
- ACC 431 (Taxation of Individuals)
Important Dates for Graduate Applicants
|Quarter of Application||Application Deadline||Supporting Document Deadline|