Extending opportunities through education. The college of the extended university offers educational resources to the public, businesses, and international community.
SIFEC' Visit to College of Agriculture
In August 24, 2018, Mr. Tim Xu, Vice President of Shanghai International Fashion Education Center (SIFEC) and his colleague Mr. Tony Xiao visited with Don B. Huntley College of Agriculture to explore the cooperation opportunities. Dr. Peter Kilduff, Interim Associate Dean, Don B Huntley College of Agriculture approached College of the Extended University and invited Lisa Xue, Director of Global Education Institute and Arthur Wang, Associate Director to join the meeting with the guests.
Under the leadership of Shanghai Textile Stock Holding (Group) Corporation, SIFEC partners Shanghai Textile Industry Workers' College (STIWC) and promotes the academic programs offered by STIWC in global community. Mr. Xu also serves as the President of Shanghai Fashion Design Association (SFDS). The meeting participants also include:
- Dr. Lisa Kessler, Dean, Don B Huntley College of Agriculture
- Frances Harder (Advisory Board Member of Apparel Merchandising and Management Department)
- Tony Zhang (Advisory Board Member of Apparel Merchandising and Management Department)
STIWC is very interested in working with Cal Poly Pomona in the following areas:
1. CPP faculty-led programs to STIWC, and vice versa.
- STIWC students and faculty to Cal Poly Pomona for short-term training
- STIWC students to American Semester Program
- STIWC students and faculty to Cal Poly Pomona to pursue for the Master of Science in International Apparel Management. STIWC will recruit young working professors to this program as well.
- STIWC faculty to Cal Poly Pomona as visiting scholars.
The cooperation between SIFEC and STIWC is a very good example of higher education and industry combination, which is greatly encouraged by the Chinese government.