Withdrawal & Refund Policy
- To withdraw from a course during the first 3 weeks of classes or 15 days of instruction, student can withdraw using the BroncoDirect system.
- Withdrawal from a course after 3 weeks or the 15th day of instruction requires a drop petition (Download Course Withdrawal Request form). All drops at this time must be documented and must be for serious and compelling reasons.
- After the third week of class but before the beginning of the last three weeks of instruction, approval is contingent upon demonstration that withdrawal is for serious and compelling reasons, including, but not necessarily restricted to the following:
- Employment: A note is required from your employer on company letterhead, stating the hours and days of work (be specific), effective date of this change, and who initiated the change.
- Illness: A note from your physician is required. State in general terms a brief description of the problem and the period of time you were seen.
- Other. Personal problems of a serious nature causing you to have seen a counselor. A note from him/her is required. Give a brief description of the problem.
- Reasons such as failing the class, lack of prerequisites, too much work or an overload, etc., are not sufficient reasons for dropping a course at this time, and therefore will not be approved. During the last three weeks of instruction, approval is contingent upon demonstration that withdrawal is because of an emergency clearly beyond the control of the student. Documentation must accompany the withdrawal petition.
*The withdrawal dates do not take into account the date you submit your petition to the CEU office. For example: If you submit your petition on March 28rd and then decide to drop your courses on April 9th, you will only receive an 80% refund and you will receive a “W” grade.
UNDER MOST CIRCUMSTANCES, YOUR PETITION FOR WITHDRAWAL WILL NOT BE APPROVED IF YOU ARE FAILING THE CLASS YOU WISH TO DROP AT THE TIME YOU SUBMIT THE PETITION.