Lean Six Sigma Green Belt
Participants earning the Lean Six Sigma Green Belt (LSSGB) Certificate will develop the critical skills required to make process, product, and/or service improvements in any organization. Also referred to as business process improvement, these best practices are widely used throughout many industries, including Corporate America, small businesses, service providers, education, governmental agencies, and the nonprofit sector. Lean focuses on improving metrics associated with productivity, efficiency, and cycle time, by systematically eliminating the “eight types of waste”. Six Sigma (6σ) concentrates on reducing variation, thereby increasing quality, consistency, customer satisfaction, brand loyalty, sales, and market share.
Lean and Six Sigma are complementary approaches to achieving continuous improvement. Each goes far beyond traditional quality control because they: reduce costs, allow people to make data-based decisions, provide the entity with a significant competitive advantage, yield impressive results, increase profits, and deliver a positive return on investment (ROI). When aligned with an overall strategic plan, Lean Six Sigma (LSS) project serve to drive performance excellence and allow any organization to more successfully achieve its mission.
Who Should Enroll?
This certificate program is ideal for:
- Professionals wanting to learn and benefit from the proven methods for making process, product, and service improvements, regardless of job title, functional duties, or level of responsibility within an organization.
- Anyone pursuing Lean and/or Six Sigma Certification at the Green Belt level as a strategy for becoming more marketable in today’s economy, advancing their career, and increasing their earning potential.
- Those considering a Six Sigma Yellow or White Belt Certification are encouraged to enroll since these lower level certifications are not a prerequisite.
- Anyone intending to pursue a Black Belt Certification since the topics covered in this program are a requirement for pursuing this higher level certification.
Due to limited seating, students are encouraged to enroll early through the online registration process or by calling the College of the Extended University.
There are no prerequisites for this program. In addition, formal applications and admission to the university are not required.
Hassan M. Farah is a Lean Six Sigma Master Black Belt (LMBB), Statistician and a Quality Assurance Expert with over twenty (20) years of extensive experience in both manufacturing and service industries. Fifteen (15) of those years have been at the Senior Management and Director Leadership level in Engineering, Quality Assurance and Manufacturing Engineering, leading strategic business processes with an international presence, to include change agent roles to impact full profit and loss responsibility. He has successfully used Lean Six Sigma, Project Management best practice and Quality Assurance in Companies such as Parker Hannifin Control Systems, Dupont, Goodrich Aerospace, UTC Aerospace Systems, Flowserve, Moog Aircraft and General Electric Aviation to add millions of dollars to the bottom line. While with a Fortune 500 industry leader, he led as a Black Belt Lean Six Sigma Optimization Projects with over $630K savings per project. A sample LSS BB Project which received DuPont Nomination Award for Engineering and Team-based Performance Excellence will be shared with the SSGB students as part of the practical class learning experience to give a flavor the Power of Lean Six Sigma tools and methodology. Hassan holds Dual Lean Six Sigma Master Black Belts from Flowserve & North Carolina State University, 4 BS Degrees in ME, MFE, IE, and BA from Cal Poly Pomona, and 3 Graduate Degrees in MBA from University of Phoenix, MS Quality Assurance from Cal State University Dominguez Hills, and MS Applied Statistics from Rochester Institute of Technology. He can be reached via Linkedn under Hassan Farah Senior Production Leader GE Aviation Santa Ana CA or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Expected Outcomes and Learning Objectives
Upon successful completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Apply the most essential and powerful LSS tools, techniques, and methods.
- Incorporate the voice of the customer, in addition to the needs, wants, and requirements of the various key stakeholders
- Reduce waste and inefficiency without sacrificing what is value added from the customer’s perspective.
- Use LSS best practices to work collaboratively on improvement projects, thereby yielding impressive results.
- Benefit from sound problem solving and decision making skills to include fundamental data collection and analysis techniques.
- Increase quality and customer satisfaction, while simultaneously reducing costs.
- Understanding Lean and Six Sigma terminology and explain how the two methodologies are different, yet complementary.
- Utilize techniques for excellent meeting management and team facilitation.
- Prepare a DMAIC story board suitable for presenting to key stakeholders, executive management, and a potential employer during a job interview.
Realize the benefits of having completed an instructor provided case study or a real-life work project of their choice.
|Lean Six Sigma Green Belt|
|1 Courses Total||40 Hours Total|