Teaching Performance Assessment Seminar
THERE IS HELP!
Cal Poly Pomona is offering two online seminars to help you complete your Teaching Performance Assessment.
California Teaching Performance Assessment Seminar I - Task Requirements
This online course provides support for teacher candidates who are completing CalTPA Task 1 “Subject-Specific Pedagogy”, Task 2 “Designing Instruction”, Task 3 “Assessing Learning” or Task 4 “Culminating Teaching Experience.” Your instructor will prepare you for success by helping you to understand the selected CalTPA task requirements, scoring process, and rubrics. The instructor will also provide benchmarks/exemplars, support
California Teaching Performance Assessment Seminar II - Task Resubmission
This online course provides support for teacher candidates who are resubmitting a CalTPA Task or Cycle. Your instructor will provide exemplars, support, and tips for success; help you understand the scoring process and rubrics
Students who would like expert coaching while preparing their California Teaching Performance Assessment (CalTPA) submission.
TPA Seminar I is for teacher candidates completing CalTPA Task 1, 2, 3 or 4
TPA Seminar II is for teacher candidates resubmitting CalTPA Tasks 1, 2, 3 or 4, or CalTPA Cycles 1 or 2.
TPA SEMINAR I - Task Requirements
- Develop a preparation and submission plan for passing the selected TPA task
- Understand the relevant task
- Review the rubric scoring language and relevant benchmarks
- Practice developing clear written responses
TPA SEMINAR II - Task Resubmission
- Explore content, strategies
andresources to enhance CalTPA submissions.
- Review the CalTPA benchmarks/exemplars and rubrics and assessor feedback to understand CalTPA evidence and response requirements
- Complete a self-assessment identifying areas of strength and weakness in their TPA submission(s)
- Develop an individual preparation and resubmission plan.
- Complete and submit the assignments and activities specified in their individualized preparation and submission plan to receive a formal letter/certificate of completion
Teaching Performance Assessment Seminar I
Teaching Performance Assessment Seminar II
Dr. Snyder is an experienced classroom science and math teacher from upstate New York and has worked with all ages of students and their teachers. He came to California to direct the Caltech Precollege Science Initiative, and has trained and advised teacher candidates at Cal Poly Pomona and Claremont Graduate University. He has worked extensively with the CalTPAs as an assessor, instructor and remediation specialist. His areas of focus include effective teaching/learning pedagogy, inquiry and literacy, and brain-targeted teaching.
|California Teaching Performance Assessment Seminar I - Task Requirements|
|Coming Soon!||Course Code||Hours||Fees||Session Dates||Instructor|
|TPA101||$250||TBA||Dr. Wayne Snyder|
|California Teaching Performance Assessment Seminar II - Task Resubmission|
|Register||Course Code||Hours||Fees||Session Dates||Instructor|
|TPA102||$250||February 19 - March 6||Dr. Wayne Snyder|