Minor in Chinese
A Chinese minor provides a distinct competetive edge to students in many different majors--from Business to Engineering to Hospitality. It can likewise open the door to rewarding study abroad experiences at universities in China.
Required Chinese Courses
- FL 271 Intermediate Chinese I (requires basic knowledge of the language)
- FL 272 Intermediate Chinese II
- FL 273 Intermediate Chinese III
- FL 371 Chinese Civilization
- FL 499 Special Topics for Upper Division Students
Required Support Course (choose 1 from among the following)
- ENG 371 Chinese Civilization and Traditions
- PHL 305 Philosophy and Religion of China
- HST 301 Early and Medieval China
- HST 302 China from 900 to 1800
- HST 303 China from 1800
- HST 365 China from 1949
For placement or to get started on your Chinese minor, please contact a Chinese advisor (contact information at right).