Politics in Action forum series
Security & Militarization
Apr 11, 2017 12:00 PM to Apr 11, 2017 1:00 PM at BSC Orion
This forum series engages the CPP community on pressing political issues. Join faculty experts for a discussion that equips students, faculty, and staff with resources for further learning, engagement, and dialogue.
The fourth session in this series, on Security & Militarization, will answer questions such as, "What is the most significant threat to American security?" and "What does it mean to live in a 'militarized' state? How is this different in the US than other places?" Speakers include:
- Dr. Marc Scarcelli, Assistant Professor of Political Science
- Shonn Haren, University Library Coordinator of Instruction
- Dr. Mohammad Husain, Associate Professor of Computer Science
- Dr. Stacy McGoldrick, Professor of Sociology
- Dr. Elise Wirtschafter, Professor of History
- Dr. Ryan McCune, Assistant Professor of Computer Science
FREE lunch for the first 75 students!
Two more forums will be held this Spring, on the Environment (Tuesday, April 18) and on Trade, Labor, & Business (Tuesday, May 9).
For additional information, handouts from each Politics in Action forum, and additional campus events in response to the election, see the Office of Campus Life & Cultural Centers' #CivilSpeak website or contact Dr. Aaron DeRosa at email@example.com.
This series is sponsored by the Department of English & Foreign Languages, College of Liberal Arts & Social Sciences, OSLCC, and ASI.