General application information:
- The applicant must hold a B.A. degree in either history or in one of the social sciences, humanities, or fine arts disciplines from an accredited college or university.
- The applicant must have achieved a grade point average of at least 3.00 in history, social science, fine arts, and humanities course work;
- The applicant must submit an essay (about one page) with the application explaining why he/she wishes to pursue a graduate degree and describing his/her post-baccalaureate work experience and plans for the future;
- The applicant must submit three letters of recommendation from professors, or supervisors. (In the case of K-12 teachers, his/her principal and two colleagues). Please send these letters confidentially, either directly from the recommender or from the applicant in a sealed envelope with the recommender’s signature across the seal;
- The application will be reviewed, and must receive a positive recommendation from the Department of History Director of the Graduate Program and the Department of History Graduate Committee.
We will begin accepting applications for Fall 2018 by Spring 2018. Stay tuned for further updates!
Please feel free to contact our graduate advisor, Dr. Amanda Podany, with any questions!
Amanda Podany, Graduate Advisor, History Department
Cal Poly Pomona, 3801 W. Temple Avenue, Pomona, CA 91768 or