Students completing the STS Major receive a Bachelor of Arts Degree.
Student Learning Outcomes for the STS Major
- Students demonstrate scientific literacy;
- Students demonstrate skills in reasoning (including the explicit substantiation of claims with well informed reasons);
- Students demonstrate skills in written and oral presentation (including the development of a well organized and clearly articulated line of reasoning);
- Students demonstrate ability to place particular developments in science and technology in historical context;
- Students demonstrate ability to place particular developments in science and technology in social and cultural context;
- Students demonstrate ability to identify and critically evaluate normative considerations relevant to science and technology.
- Students demonstrate research skills applied to issues relating to science, technology, and society.
Mapping of STS student learning outcomes (SLOs) to STS courses
Major Advising Information
The 2017-2018 STS Curriculum Sheet (PDF) provides the curriculum for both the STS Major and the STS Minor.
List of Winter 2018 Courses for the Major (XLS)
List of Fall 2017 Courses for the Major (XLS)
List of Summer 2017 Courses for the Major (XLS)
For more information about Introduction to Science, Technology, and Society (STS 201), take a look at the Fall 2016 syllabus (RTF).