A graduate of the Yale School of Drama, Mr. Solano is a recipient of the NEA/TCG Theatre Residency Program for Playwrights, two Fulbright Awards, McKnight Fellowship, NEA and Rockefeller grants, as well as an AT&T OnStage and two Lila Wallace-Reader's Digest grants.
- NUEVO CALIFORNIA at San Diego Repertory Theatre (winner of San Diego Critics Circle’s Outstanding New Play of 2000) and Connecticut Repertory Theatre (2017)
- THE UPPER ROOM (act two of CROSSINGS) at Cornerstone Theater—nominated for Los Angeles Ovation Award Best New Play of 2001-02 season
- GROWING HOME at Cornerstone Theater/CSU Summer Arts
- FACE TO FACE at Cincinnati Playhouse in the Park
- WILDLIFE at the Powerhouse Theatre (L.A.)
- ENTRIES at Disney Hall’s REDCAT Theatre with La Plaza de la Raza and at George Street Playhouse
- I HATE at Naked Angels (NYC) and is part of USA Network’s Emmy-nominated special “It Just Takes One”.
- LOS FAUSTINOS at Cornerstone Theate
- EL GRECO, an opera (librettist), at INTAR Theatre in NYC and broadcast by NPR.
- BUENAVISTA at Mixed Blood Theatre
- JUNGLE TOONS at Cucaracha Theatre (NYC)
- DOMINION at Borderlands Theater, AZ. and Mark Taper Forum’s New Work Festival
- HOMIES & POPZ at L.A. Opera
- BUS STOP JOURNALS at Cal Poly Pomona & University of Zimbabwe
- MANZANITA: A VIOLENT AFFAIR at the Frida Kahlo Theatre (L.A.)
- ZORRO at TheatreWorks (CO)
- SPEAK SPANISH TO ME at Actors Theatre of Phoenix
- LOST at Company of Angels (L.A.),
- LANGSTON & NICOLAS at Stella Adler (L.A.) by Towne Street Theater.
Mr. Solano is an associate artist of Cornerstone Theater, and has received three Fulbright Awards, the most recent to teach and direct in Bogota, Colombia.