Information for Visitors
- Parking Permits Required
- Admission Tickets Not Required
- Disabled Guests
- Deaf or Hard of Hearing Guests
- International Guests
- Maps, Directions and Parking
- Quad Venue
- Food Service
- Commencement Photos
- Animals at Commencement
Parking permits will be required for every vehicle prior to entering any parking lot.
- Pre-purchase permits for $6.00 beginning at the Grad Fair on April 21-22; and at the Bookstore until Thursday, June 11th.
- Permits are $10.00 each when purchasing the day of the ceremony (June 12th – 14th). CASH ONLY. NO CREDIT/DEBIT CARDS.
Valid Parking permits honored
- Student Spring Quarter 2015, Student Annual 2014/2015
- Faculty/Staff Spring Quarter 2015, Faculty/Staff Annual 2014/2015.
- Other valid Cal State University Quarterly/Semester permit.
Disabled parking is located in Lot C and Camphor Lane and also requires a paid permit. Please display your Disabled Person Parking Placard.
Limousine parking must be arranged in advanced.
Limousine parking is located in Lot C and also requires a $20.00 paid permit. A parking officer will provide parking instructions. Please notify firstname.lastname@example.org by June 3, 2015 to request limousine parking.
To avoid delays and have optimum parking the day of commencement, it is highly recommended that parking permits be pre-purchased for your family and friends.
Admission tickets are not required and there is no limit to the number of guests who may attend. Please try to arrive at least one hour prior to the ceremony. Please be advised that the ceremony for the College of Business Administration on Saturday morning traditionally has the largest audience, so allow sufficient time to park and travel to the Quad and still enjoy the ceremonies.
Kellogg West Hotel and Conference Center is conveniently located on the Campus of Cal Poly and within a short walking distance to most commencement activities. Be sure to book your dates early because rooms do fill up quickly during this special time period. For more information about Kellogg West and to make reservations, please call (800) 593-7876 or (909) 869-2222.
- Disabled guests parking is Lot C (the closest parking lot to the commencement site).
- Parking permits are required upon entering Lot C. Please display your Disabled Person Parking Placard.
- Seating is available on a ‘first come, first serve’ basis. Reservations are not required.
- Commencement personnel and signage will direct guests to the designated parking and seating.
- Disabled seating is limited to the disabled and one additional guest only.
- Deaf or Hard of Hearing guests requesting interpreting services must contact Gina Dravis @ the Disability Resource Center, (909) 869-5359 or email@example.com.
- Interpreting requests should be made as early as possible, but no later than June 2, 2015.
For information about receiving official statements for travel Visa’s and all other questions regarding international guests contact the Registrar’s Office, (909) 869-3000.
Remember where you park!
Guests are encouraged to park in Lot F and Lot M. Disabled parking is available in Lot C.
University Drive will be closed between Red Gum and the Student Health Center during the following times:
- Friday, June 12: 12pm to 10pm
- Saturday, June 13: 7am to 10pm
- Sunday, June 14: 7am to 10pm
A printable map (PDF) of the commencement venue and parking lots.
Please bring cash. Credit cards and debit cards are not accepted.
The Quad Area venue used for all ceremonies is best accessed via Olive Lane using the walk way between Building 6 and Building 94. Be advised the walk to the Quad is slightly uphill. If it is more convenient to drop-off elderly guests or those with limited mobility, please notify the parking officer at the parking gate near the palm trees by Lot C. She or he will let you through to drop-off your guests and then go park the car. However, in order to keep the area safe there will be no vehicular traffic past that gate after the ceremonies. All Bags are Subject to Search!
Weather conditions in early June in Pomona can vary from cool and raining to extreme heat. Ceremonies are outside and, while shade is plentiful, many of the seats are unprotected. For the latest weather conditions, listen to area radio stations such as KNX-AM (1070) or KFWB-AM (980) or refer to the 10-day forecast at www.weather.com.
Limited food service is available during the commencement ceremonies at the following locations around the Quad.
Closing times are subject to change based on customer demand.
Concession stand - Located on Olive Lane between buildings 6 and 94 (Main entrance)
- Friday, June 12: 3pm to 8:30 pm
- Saturday, June 13: 7:30am to 11am; 2:30pm to 9pm
- Sunday, June 14: 8am to noon; 2pm to 7pm
- Friday, June 12: Open until 9:30pm
- Saturday, June 13: 7am to 9pm
- Sunday, June 14: 8am to 9pm
Carl's Jr. - Inside Campus Center Marketplace (limited menu)
- Friday, June 12: Open until 8:30pm
- Saturday, June 13: 7:30am to 10:30am; 2:30 pm to 5pm; 6pm to 8:45pm
- Sunday, June 14: 8am to 10:30 am; 3pm to 5pm; 6:30pm to 8:30pm
Jamba Juice - Inside Campus Center Marketplace (limited menu)
- Friday, June 12: 2pm to 7pm
- Saturday, June 13: 9am to 5pm
- Sunday, June 14: 9am to 5pm
Polly Trolley - Center of Quad
- Friday, June 12: 3pm to 8:30pm
- Saturday, June 13: 7:30am to 11am; 2:30pm to 9pm
- Sunday, June 14: 8am to noon; 2pm to 5pm
NOTE: All service times are subject to change based on demand
Professional photographers will take three photos of each graduate. Two are posed photos just prior to ascending the stage, while the third is as the graduate shakes hands on stage. The photographer is positioned just off-stage for the perfect shot of your graduate's proud moment. Proofs will be mailed to each graduate shortly after the ceremony to be considered for purchase. You do not need to sign up for this service in advance; every candidate and graduate will have their photograph taken on stage. There is no obligation to purchase any of these photos.
GraduationDayFlowers will be offering fresh flower bouquets and orchid leis at each of the Commencement ceremonies. Save 10% today on all your flower products by pre-ordering at www.graduationdayflowers.com. Print out your receipt and present it to the flower staff located at the main booth on campus during commencement weekend. To ensure convenient pick up, the main booth is located in the University Quad (next to Campus Center Marketplace).
While we are happy for guests who utilize guide animals to bring their important companions to commencement, it is inappropriate for animals not trained to deal with large crowds, noise, and confusion to be part of the celebration. California State Law prohibits leaving an animal inside a confined vehicle, so for the safety and comfort of the animals and our guests, it is important that pets be left at homehttp://www.animallaw.info/articles/qvuspetsincars.htm. We’re sorry, but guests who insist on bringing pets to the ceremonies will be asked to leave immediately. No exceptions will be made for graduates or guests.