The Cal Poly English Language Institute (CPELI) links theory and practice to provide exemplary instruction which advances the academic, professional and personal goals of English language learners.
The Cal Poly English Language Institute (CPELI) specializes in English as a Second Language (ESL) instruction and academic preparation for international students who plan to continue their higher education in the United States.
- Six levels of instruction from beginner to advanced
- 20 hours of instruction per week
- 10 Week intensive English program
- University Application and Admissions Advising
- Academic and cultural advising
- TOEFL/IELTS Waivers to Cal Poly Pomona
- Conversation practice with University students
- Cultural field trips
- Learning about the American classroom
- Preparing for University English language exams
- Conditional Admission program to Cal Poly Pomona
CPELI Associate Director
CPELI Program Administrator
CPELI Operations & Student Services Coordinator
The English Language Institute (CPELI) at the California State Polytechnic University, Pomona is accredited by the Commission on English Language Program Accreditation (CEA) for the period of April 2014 through April 2019 and agrees to uphold the CEA Standards for English Language Programs and Institutions. CEA is recognized by the U. S. Secretary of Education as a national accrediting agency for English language programs and institutions in the U.S. CPELI is a department within the College of the Extended University. For Further information about this accreditation, please contact CEA, 801 North Fairfax Street, Suite 402A, Alexandria, VA 22314, (703)665-3400, www.cea-accredit.org.