Supplemental Academic Advising
ARCHES staff provides comprehensive advising to address the unique educational needs of our students. ARCHES participants are required to meet with the Project Director or the Learning Specialist at least one time per quarter. Students who do not meet with an advisor will have a hold placed on their account in Bronco Direct for the following quarter.
Advising sessions are highly individualized based on student's needs. Topics addressed may include:
- Identifying and resolving potential academic or personal difficulties before they become a crisis
- Utilizing ARCHES services, including tutors or peer advisors
- Structuring a clear academic plan that incorporates disability related needs
- Selecting a balanced course load to ensure academic success
- Exploring career options
- Applying to graduate programs
- Self Advocacy and Disability Awareness and Understanding
ARCHES also tries to facilitate communication with the individual's faculty advisor to ensure an ideal balance between academic progress and disability related needs.
As part of the participant agreement, ARCHES participants are required to complete a Mid Term Progress Report and return it to the ARCHES office quarterly. The Progress Report form is available on-line (below) and also in the ARCHES office beginning the 5th week of instruction during the Fall, Winter and Spring quarters. Progress Reports are due back to ARCHES no later than the 7th week of instruction.