Timeline of Events
- Drill begins with safety alert messages broadcasted through the Emergency notification message system via text, email, CPP landlines, as well as a pop-up on CPP registered PC’s and laptops.
- Note: Message delivery time may vary depending on location on campus, WiFi connection, and cell phone service provider.
- Evacuation Coordinators, Administrators, Managers, Faculty, Staff, and Students are encouraged to participate in a drop, cover, and hold on drill.
- The campus wide evacuation will be initiated by fire alarm activation / audible / sirens /flashing strobe lights. Individuals are to evacuate the building and meet at the designated evacuation assembly area and check-in with an Evacuation Coordinator. Students can check in at any evacuation assembly area.
- Posters with QR codes will allow evacuees to obtain information regarding emergency procedures for different incidents that can occur on campus.
- Once check-in is complete, the Evacuation Coordinators will give a status update to the Emergency Operations Center and wait for the “all clear” to be given for their individual building. Occupants may return back to their work areas when given the “all clear” and fire alarms have been reset. (Some designated evacuation areas will have 1st responders arrive to gain a situational awareness of the building.)
- A message will be sent through Blackboard Connect via text and email at the completion of the drill.