ESET Student Outcomes
- an ability to select and apply the knowledge, techniques, skills, and modern tools of the discipline to broadly-defined engineering technology activities;
- an ability to select and apply a knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering, and technology to engineering technology problems that require the application of principles and applied procedures or methodologies;
- an ability to conduct standard tests and measurements; to conduct, analyze, and interpret experiments; and to apply experimental results to improve processes;
- an ability to design systems, components, or processes for broadly-defined engineering technology problems appropriate to program educational objectives;
- an ability to function effectively as a member or leader on a technical team;
- an ability to identify, analyze, and solve broadly-defined engineering technology problems;
- an ability to apply written, oral, and graphical communication in both technical and nontechnical environments; and an ability to identify and use appropriate technical literature;
- an understanding of the need for and an ability to engage in self-directed continuing professional development;
- an understanding of and a commitment to address professional and ethical responsibilities including a respect for diversity;
- a knowledge of the impact of engineering technology solutions in a societal and global context; and
- a commitment to quality, timeliness, and continuous improvement.
Program Educational Outcomes
The ESET Program Educational Objectives (PEO's) further refine and add to the departmental objectives to highlight the specific level of implementation at the program level.
ESET Program Educational Objective 1: Our graduates will be successfully employed in the engineering related field.
ESET Program Educational Objective 2: Our graduates will effectively lead, work, and communicate in cross multidiscipline engineering teams.
ESET Program Educational Objective 3: Our graduates will have a have an appreciation of the professional and societal responsibilities associated with engineering fields.
ESET Program Educational Objective 4: Our graduates will appreciate and develop a perspective of the multicultural world.
ESET Program Educational Objective 5: Our graduates will expand their knowledge through continuing education, professional licensure or other lifelong learning activities
Students Learning Outcomes