College of Engineering
Commencement 2019 - University Quad
8 a.m., Saturday, May 18
Commencement is rain or shine. All participants should arrive no later than 7 a.m. in order to be properly assembled by the beginning of the ceremony. Admission tickets are not required. Students and faculty should report to:
- Corner of University Drive and Mansion Lane (Check-In)
- Mansion Lane - (Procession Line-Up)
Check in & Line Up
- Check in opens at one hour prior to the ceremony
- Students must check in at the tent on University Drive and Mansion Lane to receive their pre-printed reader card to be announced as they walk the stage.
- Students will only need to complete e-mail address and the phonetic spelling of their name. This card will assist readers and your email will be used to send proofs of photos.
- Carry the card with you at all times. It will be collected as you approach the stage to receive your certificate.
- Line-up will begin at 7 a.m. Please line up by department according to your major (banners will designate your department).
- At the time of the procession, graduates will proceed to the seating area, following behind their department faculty.
- Please do not attempt to bring a guest or child on stage during your conferral.
- Undergraduate Students: When it is time to walk to the stage, ushers will assist you. While your name is being read you will cross the stage and be handed a degree cover. Place the degree cover in your left hand and shake hands with your department representative and proceed down the middle ramp where you will shake hands with President Coley, Dean Rencis and other leadership.
- Graduate students: All graduate students will be hooded on stage by engineering leadership prior to receiving their degree cover. You will exit the front middle of the stage and return to your seat.
Caps & Gowns
Grad fair is March 19-20th from 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. at the Bronco Bookstore. Caps and gowns are available for pre-purchase at the Bronco Bookstore website, http://www.broncobookstore.com/grad-packs.asp.
Faculty and staff regalia can be purchased or rented. Visit the Bronco Bookstore website https://www.broncobookstore.com/faculty-regalia.asp for more information, note that deadlines apply so, and plan accordingly.
If you have a 3.50+ cumulative grade point average as of the end of fall 2018, pick up your honors cord from the Bronco Advising Center at the Student Services Building (SSB) 121 on the first floor, starting April 15, 2019. Photo identification is required to obtain a cord. An Honor Cord is not issued to early commencement participants.
Parking & Road Closures
Parking permits are not required. Disabled and elderly guest parking is available in lot C and F8, please display your disabled parking placard. Shuttles will be provided to the commencement area for all in the party that are traveling with a disabled and/or elderly guest. All other parking is available in all other lots on campus.
Rideshare services, taxis, and those requiring pick up and drop off only may access lot C through Kellogg Drive and Red Gum lane.
Limousine parking must be arranged in advance. A parking officer will provide parking instructions. Please notify email@example.com by May 1, 2019, to request limousine parking.
Please note that there may be road closures on campus and on the 10 freeway the weekend of commencement, please plan your arrival to campus accordingly and plan ahead for traffic.
There will be no reserved seating; however, ample seating will be available. There will be a designated area for disabled seating. Disabled seating is limited to the disabled and elderly and one additional guest only. Deaf or Hard of Hearing guests please contact the Disability Resource Center at (909) 869-3333 or firstname.lastname@example.org for directions to the link that will provide services via your phone.
- Engineering Valedictorian Banquet Dinner: Tuesday, May 14, 2019
- Food, flowers, lei’s, and other commencement memorabilia will be available for purchase on campus the day of your commencement ceremony.
- Graduate Etiquette: https://www.cpp.edu/~commencement/etiquette.shtml
- Cultural Celebrations: https://www.cpp.edu/~commencement/cultural.shtml
- More information is available at the University’s Commencement webpage at http://www.cpp.edu/~commencement/
- The commencement ceremonies streamed live and can be accessed at http://video.cpp.edu/streaming/commencement/comm_index.html
- Please contact Disabled Student Services for special handicap needs at (909) 869-3333.
CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL THE GRADUATES OF THE COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING!