Mehrad Kamalzare, Ph.D., P.E.
Building 17, Room 2655
Civil Engineering Department
California State Polytechnic University, Pomona
3801 West Temple Avenue
Pomona, California 91768
Education and Professional Registrations (latest title, professional registrations)
Ph.D. Civil Engineering (Geotechnical Engineering), Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Troy, NY, 2013
M.S. Geotechnical Engineering, Department of Civil Engineering, International University of Qazvin, 2010
B.S. Civil Engineering, Department of Civil Engineering, International University of Qazvin, 2008
P.E.Registered Professional Civil Engineer in the State of Connecticut (2014)
Teaching (all the courses)
- Advanced Soil Mechanics I (Graduate)
- Advanced Soil Mechanics II (Graduate)
- Foundation and Retaining Wall Design (Undergraduate)
- Geotechnical Engineering I (Undergraduate)
- Geotechnical Engineering II (Undergraduate)
Research Interests (5 bullets points)
- Embankment dams and levees
- Overtopping erosion (experimental and computational modeling)
- Numerical modeling (FEM and FDM)
- Deep foundations
- Geosynthetic reinforcemen
Selected Publications and Presentations (5 total selected publications among textbooks, papers, presentations, and reports)
- M. Kamalzare, Investigation of levee failure and validation of erosion evolution: embankments, earthen dams and levees; Scholars’ press, ISBN: 978-3639717594, June 2014.
- M. Kamalzare, T. Zimmie, B. Cutler, and W. R. Franklin, A New Visualization Method to Evaluate Sediment Transport and Erosion; Geotechnical Testing Journal, ASTM, vol. 39 (3), 2016.
- M. Jesmani, H. Alirezanejad, H. F. Kashani, and M. Kamalzare, Numerical Study of the Dynamic Active Lateral Earth Pressure Coefficient of Cohesive Soils; Acta Geotechnica Slovenica, 2016/2, pp. 89-102.
- M. Jesmani, A. Kasrania, M. Kamalzare, and I. Mehdipour. Undrained Vertical Bearing Capacity of Pile Located near Soft Clay Slope; Journal of Engineering Research; Vol. 3 (3), pp. 21-38, 2015.
- M. Jesmani, M. Kamalzare and M. Nazari, Numerical Study of Behavior of Anchor Plates in Clayey soils; International Journal of Geomechanics, ASCE, Vol. 13 (5), pp. 502-513, 2013.
- M. Kamalzare and R. Ziaie-Moayed, Influence of Geosynthetic Reinforcement on Shear Strength Characteristics of Two-Layer Subgrade; Acta Geotechnica Slovenica, 2011/1, pp. 39-49.
- M. Jesmani, A. Hamissi, M. Kamalzare and R. S. Vileh, Optimum Geometrical Properties of Active Isolation; ICE - Geotechnical Engineering, Vol. 164, (6), pp: 385-400, 2011.