Unit 3: Collective Bargaining Agreement Salary Program
2015/2016 CBA Salary Program Update
The following is a summary of the highlights of the faculty salary program for fiscal year 2015/2016, based on the new Collective Bargaining Agreement reached between the CFA and the CSU which was ratified by the CSU Board of Trustees on May 24, 2016 and will remain in effect through June 30, 2018:
NO RETROACTIVE INCREASES
A. GENERAL SALARY INCREASE (GSI)
Effective June 30, 2016:
- All Unit 3 faculty (tenure-line, lecturers, counselors, librarians and coaches) on active pay status or on leave will receive a 5.0% GSI via a mass update by the State Controller’s Office (SCO) as of 11:59 pm
Effective July 1, 2016:
- All Unit 3 faculty (tenure-line, lecturers, counselors, librarians and coaches) on active pay status or on leave will receive a 2.0% GSI via a mass update by the SCO
GENERAL INFORMATION THAT APPLIES TO GSI IMPLEMENTATION:
- The compounded base pay increases will be incorporated into the July 2016 pay warrant to be issued on August 1, 2016.
- Faculty who held Unit 3 appointments in AY 2015/2016 but who are not active or on leave on the date of the GSI are eligible for the GSI at the time of reappointment, if reappointed into the same class and range at the same campus in AY 2016/2017. These increases will be manually keyed by the campuses.
- Faculty appointed after July 1, 2016 must be hired at a salary no lower than the new range/rank CSU salary minimum but will not otherwise receive the raises
- Newly hired employees appointed effective July 1, 2016 are eligible for the increase unless the offer of appointment specifically excludes the application of any negotiated salary increase.
- Newly hired employees appointed effective on or after July 2, 2016, or who are newly appointed to a tenured or probationary position at the campus after holding a temporary position at the same campus, are not eligible for the increase unless the offer of appointment includes language providing for the application of any negotiated salary increase. If the new salary is below the new salary range minimum, the salary must be increased to the new minimum of the salary range.
- The summer 2016 GSI will not impact salary rates for appointments in the summer self-support classifications 2357 or 2457.
- When mass updates are run, a small number of payments may suspend from the automated process and require further analysis. These payments may require additional time for manual processing by the SCO or by Payroll Services.
B. PROMOTION INCREASE
Effective July 1, 2016:
- The minimum promotion increase will be 9% (rather than the former 7.5% increase) upon the effective date of promotion
- The new salary after promotion may not be below the minimum salary range for the new rank
C. COLLEGE OF EXTENDED UNIVERSITY, EXTENSION FOR-CREDIT CLASSIFICATIONS INCREASE
GSI increases on June 30, 2016 and July 1, 2016:
- The salary rates for classifications 2322 and 2323, including low enrollment Special Schedule rates, will be increased by 5%, followed by an increase of 2%, effective July 1, 2016
Further updates on the implementation of salary increases will be provided as new information is received.
 The 2017/2018 increases will be addressed in a future announcement