The New Tenure-Track Faculty Institute (NFI) at Cal Poly Pomona is a great time to learn about the university and meet other new colleagues! We will share valuable information and resources that will help you feel welcomed and prepared for your Cal Poly Pomona journey.
New Tenure-Track Faculty Institute Outcomes
- Form relationships with other faculty, both new and established, that lead to productive collaborations and enjoyable friendships
- Form relationships with a variety of people around campus who can support you
- Feel valued and welcomed, and have a good time!
Teaching & Advising
- Create effective teaching plans based on understanding Cal Poly Pomona's students and having strategies for inclusive and equity-minded practices
Scholarship / Creative Activities
- Identify research opportunities, collaborators, and campus or CSU resources; create a plan for investing startup funds
Review / Tenure / Promotion (RTP)
- Create a plan for progress toward reappointment, tenure, & promotion, and successfully submit pre-RTP and RTP packages
Policy & Procedures
- Collect a variety of information about Cal Poly Pomona's priorities, resources, policies, procedures, and opportunities in an easy-to-retrieve format
You should have received an email from Victoria Bhavsar, Director of the Faculty Center for Professional Development, with the dates, times, and details for Welcome Week for New Faculty. Welcome Week includes the New Faculty Institute Opening Session in mid-August. Participation in the opening session and in follow-up sessions in December 2019 and May 2020, also covered in Victoria's email, are required.
Please contact Victoria Bhavsar, Director of the Faculty Center, at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about the content of the email or if you did not receive the email.
A detailed NFI program will be available soon and emailed to you.