About Student Health & Wellness Services and Counseling & Psychological Services (CAPS)
Student Health & Wellness Services and Counseling & Psychological Services (CAPS) provides students with affordable, accessible and student-centered health care; personal counseling; and wellness services so you can receive the care and assistance you may need. Services are available to all enrolled Cal Poly Pomona students, funded by a mandatory health fee that is included in tuition. Most services are covered by the health fee. See Health Services for additional cost items.
Student Health & Wellness Services and Counseling & Psychological Services (CAPS) promotes academic and personal success and helps students develop healthy lifestyles. The department also serves a valuable public health role by caring for members of the campus community with the monitoring of required immunizations. The optional flu immunization program reduces lost class and study time for students. In times of a public health crisis, the department works closely with the public health department to put infectious disease control plans in place.
We want you to be mentally, physically, and emotionally healthy so you can achieve your best!
Student Health and Wellness Services is accredited by the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care, Inc. and Counseling & Psychological Services (CAPS) is accredited by the International Association of Counseling Services.
Why Use Student Health & Wellness Services and Counseling & Psychological Services (CAPS)?
- Readily available health visits
- Appointments for short term individual, couples & group counseling
- Walk-in crisis counseling and urgent care medical issues
- Convenient, on-campus care
- After hours hotlines for counseling and medical concerns
- Unlimited no-cost visits with medical providers & health educators
- Short term no-cost sessions with licensed psychologists
- At-cost prescription drugs
- No-cost x-rays and lab tests done in-house
PUBLIC HEALTH PROTECTION
- Many of our CPP students have little or no insurance and rely on our services to address health care needs
- Required immunizations protect everybody
- Flu immunization program reduces lost class & study time
- Infectious disease control plans in coordination with the public health department
- Well-being presentations to classes and groups on campus
- Various health assessments at the Wellness Center
- Health promotion programs and educational activities held on campus