Counseling & Psychological Services (CAPS)
Mental health is an important part of your overall health and wellbeing. If you are struggling with anxiety, depression, relationships, identity, self-esteem, or other personal or mental health concerns, you can make an appointment with one of the counselors in Counseling and Psychological Services to discuss your needs. A physician in Health Services is also available to discuss medication treatment options.
Counseling & Psychological Services (CAPS), located in the Bronco Bookstore Bldg. 66-116, is your on-campus resource for:
- Wellbeing workshops
- Brief individual counseling
- Brief couples counseling
- Group therapy
We also provide:
- Linkage and referrals to counseling in the community
- Outreach services (request a presentation)
- Mentor programs
- Trainings and Workshops
- Relaxation room and relaxation training
Counseling sessions are provided by licensed therapists and are included in your mandatory health fee.
If you need a referral to and have private medical insurance, contact your insurance carrier. If you need assistance with this process, please call CAPS at 909-869-3220.
CAPS DOES NOT PROVIDE AFTER-HOURS OR WEEKEND CARE. IF YOU ARE HAVING A LIFE-THREATENING PSYCHIATRIC EMERGENCY AT ANY TIME, PLEASE CALL:
- 909-869-3070 (UNIVERSITY POLICE ON-CAMPUS) OR 911 ( IF OFF-CAMPUS) FOR IMMEDIATE HELP
- CPP COUNSELING AFTER-HOURS PHONE CRISIS SUPPORT PLEASE CALL: 909-869-3220, THEN PRESS 2 to be connected to a counselor.
- YOU CAN ALSO REPORT TO YOUR NEAREST EMERGENCY ROOM
- SPEAK TO SOMEONE 24 HOURS A DAY/7 DAYS A WEEK BY CONTACTING THE LOS ANGELES COUNTY DEPARTMENT OF MENTAL HEALTH ACCESS CENTER AT 1-800-854-7771