UHS Weekly Newsletter for May 09, 2014
UHS Weekly Newsletter, May 09, 2014
- APPLY FOR SUMMER HOUSING!
- FOWARDING ADDRESS
- AVOID MEAL PLAN SUSPENSION
- PLAN AHEAD FOR CHECK OUT
- WELCOME WEEK MENTORS – APPLY NOW FOR THIS GREAT LEADERSHIP OPPORTUNITY
- IMPORTANT DATES
APPLY FOR SUMMER HOUSING!
Summer contracts are now available. Sign up through your Student Web. You do not need to be in enrolled in classes to live on campus during the Summer. If you have any questions about Summer Housing, please contact Housing at (909) 869-3307.
During May, a link will open on your Student Web for you to update your forwarding address. Don’t forget to update your forwarding address before June to avoid missing mail after move-out!
AVOID MEAL PLAN SUSPENSION
If you are on the Installment Payment Plan, the second installment for your Spring Quarter Housing fee was due April 21, 2014. Please make your payment before Monday May 12, 2014 to avoid Meal Plan Suspension.
PLAN AHEAD FOR CHECK OUT
Don’t forget to plan accordingly. Your contract ends June 13, 2014 at 5:00pm. This means you must be completely moved out by this time. If you do not check out by 5:00pm, there will be a $75 late check-out fee.
Return your room to its original configuration by move-out day. The room configuration layout is available online at http://www.csupomona.edu/~housing/housing-options/suite-floorplan.shtml.
Each resident must thoroughly clean and vacuum their room prior to checking out even if your roommate(s) are remaining in the room. All suitemates are responsible for the cleaning of common areas prior to check-out. We recommend that you schedule a day for all suitemates to clean the common areas. If common areas are excessively dirty, all residents will be held financially responsible.
Avoid the loss of your deposit and/or additional fees by returning your room or suite to it’s original configuration.
Move-Out Tips and Tricks:
- If you are heading home this Mother’s Day weekend (May 10-11) or for Memorial Day weekend (May 26), it would be a good opportunity to start taking things home.
- Supply yourself with enough packing materials. (Trash bags will become available at the front desk of your building)
- Arrange a packing and cleaning day with your roommate/suitemates
- Avoid the hustle and bustle by moving things out mid-week (There are limited carts and vacuums available and if you move things out sooner you can avoid waiting to borrow those items)
- Don’t forget, you may have finals on move-out day, plan ahead to keep stress away!
WELCOME WEEK MENTORS – APPLY NOW FOR THIS GREAT LEADERSHIP OPPORTUNITY
Summer is almost here, which means Welcome Week 2014 is just around the corner. This Fall, approximately 800 incoming first-year students will move-in early and there are still spots for CURRENT students to become Welcome Week Mentors and guide these new students through this exciting journey!! Becoming a mentor takes lots of Cal Poly Pomona spirit. You must be a current UHS resident who is planning on living in UHS for the 2014-2015 academic year. Don't miss out on this great leadership opportunity! Email your resume and a half page (approximate) essay on why you’d make a GREAT Welcome Week Mentor to email@example.com. Resumes/essays due no later than Friday, May 23 at noon. Early application is encouraged.
May 26: Memorial Day Holiday
June 9-13: Finals Week – Quiet Hours Enforced
June 13: Move-Out Day
University Housing Services
Telephone: (909) 869-3307