UHS Weekly Newsletter for May 30, 2014
UHS Weekly Newsletter, May 30, 2014
- CPP - CAMPUS CLIMATE SURVEY
- APPLY FOR SUMMER HOUSING!
- FOWARDING ADDRESS
- PLAN AHEAD FOR CHECK OUT
- LINEN DRIVE FOR VETERANS!
- IMPORTANT DATES
CPP - CAMPUS CLIMATE SURVEY
Cal Poly Pomona Students! Tell us about your experience.
You could win a $100 Gift Certificate.
Take the survey before June 15 at http://studentvoice.com/pomona/campusclimatesp14
For more questions, contact Dr. Rebecca Gutierrez Keeton, Associate Vice President & Dean of Students, at email@example.com.
APPLY FOR SUMMER HOUSING!
Summer contracts are now available. Sign up through your Student Web. You do not need to be in enrolled in classes to live on campus during the Summer. If you have any questions about Summer Housing, please contact Housing at (909) 869-3307. Summer move-in day will be June 22, 2014
A link should be available on your Student Web for you to update your forwarding address. Don’t forget to update your forwarding address before June to avoid missing mail after move-out!
PLAN AHEAD FOR CHECK OUT
Don’t forget to plan accordingly. Your contract ends June 13, 2014 at 5:00pm. This means you must be completely moved out by this time. If you do not check out by 5:00pm, there will be a $75 late check-out fee.
Return your room to its original configuration by move-out day. The room configuration layout is available online at http://www.csupomona.edu/~housing/housing-options/suite-floorplan.shtml.
Each resident must thoroughly clean and vacuum their room prior to checking out even if your roommate(s) are remaining in the room. All suitemates are responsible for the cleaning of common areas prior to check-out. We recommend that you schedule a day for all suitemates to clean the common areas. If common areas are excessively dirty, all residents will be held financially responsible.
Avoid the loss of your deposit and/or additional fees by returning your room or suite to its original configuration.
Move-Out Tips and Tricks:
- If you are heading home this weekend, it would be a good opportunity to start taking things home.
- Supply yourself with enough packing materials. (Trash bags will become available at the front desk of your building)
- Arrange a packing and cleaning day with your roommate/suitemates
- Avoid the hustle and bustle by moving things out mid-week (There are limited carts and vacuums available and if you move things out sooner you can avoid waiting to borrow those items)
- Don’t forget, you may have finals on move-out day, plan ahead to keep stress away!
LINEN DRIVE FOR VETERANS!
No longer have a need for those extra-long twin sheets? Donate them to the front desk of your community as you move-out to benefit Veterans in need! All sheets and bedding will be donated to our local community Veteran Resource Center to support our troops! Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions.
June 9-13: Finals Week – Quiet Hours Enforced
June 13: Move-Out Day
June 13-15: Commencement
June 22: Summer Move-in Day
University Housing Services
Telephone: (909) 869-3307