UHS Weekly Newsletter for September 27, 2013
- BICYCLE RACKS BEHIND YOUR BUILDING
- NEED TO DO LAUNDRY
- FITNESS EXPRESS ORIENTATIONS
- DON’T GET A TICKET
- WANT MAIL? MAKE SURE IT IS ADDRESSED CORRECTLY
- EXPECTING A PACKAGE?
- NEED TO SEND MAIL OUT
- WANT TO KNOW HOW MANY MEAL POINTS YOU HAVE LEFT?
- DON’T LET $16,941 GO DOWN THE DRAIN!
Bicycle Racks Behind Your Building
Please lock your bicycles in designated bicycle rack behind your building. For safety reasons, bicycles are not to be secured to benches, stairwells, handrails, and trees. For more information please contact your building Residence Life Coordinator.
Need To Do Laundry?
At the time you checked in you received a laundry card. You may add money to your laundry card by stopping by Fitness Express, Bldg. 59 or Los Olivos Dining Commons. There are two add value stations, one for cash and a second one for credit card/debit cards. The laundry card also serves as your Fitness Express Key Card.
Fitness Express Orientation
Fitness Express, located in Building 59, is a free exercise facility open to all residents. New residents must attend a brief orientation and complete a waiver form to begin using the facility.
- Sign-up sheets are available in the Building 59 lobby. Orientations are Monday-Friday every 20 minutes between 5:00pm and 9:40pm….or on the weekends, any 20 minutes between 2:00pm and 9:30pm.
Don't Get A Ticket
You must have a Residential parking permit (hang tag) to park the resident lots: F1, B, P or Q. You will be cited if you are parked in these lots without the Residential hang tag. This policy is enforced at all times.
- If you did not purchase your parking permit online, you may pick one up at the Cashier’s Office, 1st floor, CLA building during normal business hours.
Want Mail? Make Sure It Is Adressed Correctly
Please review the instructions on how to your mailing address must be formatted and pass this information on to your friends, family, businesses, etc. Adding any extra information to your address will delay or prevent mail from being delivered to you.
Please visit: Housing Mail & Package Information link
Expecting a Package?
University Housing Services will sign for your package as carriers are not allowed to go into buildings or to leave packages outside. We will accept the package and send you an email to your Cal Poly email address when your package has been received by the Housing Office. Please wait to receive this email since it will save you time.
Need To Send Mail Out?
Place your pre-stamped letters in the outgoing mail slot located in the lobby of your building. Mail is picked up every morning Monday through Friday. You may also take to the Bronco Copy & Mail in the Bronco Student Center your mail or items that you would like to mail out. They are equipped to meter mail/packages and send out mail.
Want To Know How Many Meal Points You Have Left?
There is an easy way to look how many meal points or meals you have remaining. All you have to do is Register with “Manage My ID”. It is a quick process to complete. Go to the following website and click on Manage My ID. http://dsa.csupomona.edu/uhs/campus_dining.asp
Don't Let $16,941 Go Down The Drain!
Breaking policy may get you evicted from UHS- and leave you (or your family/support system) with a $16,941* bill. UHS has several zero-tolerance policies that residents should be aware of. If one of these policies is broken, not only may you lose your space, but you may be held responsible for paying your remaining housing balance. Common violations that result in eviction are:
- Drugs: Cal Poly Pomona complies with the Drug-Free Workplace, and the Drug-Free Schools and Communities Act. Sale of, use of, being under the influence of, distribution of, storage of, and/or knowingly possessing illegal drugs, controlled substances, or narcotics, as those terms are largely used in the California Statutes, is prohibited. The misuse of any drug, including prescription or over-the-counter medications, is prohibited.
- Dangerous Behavior: Any activity that can be interpreted as endangering or harming oneself, any community member, or guest is prohibited.
For a list of all housing policies and regulations, including zero tolerance policies, please read the University Housing Services License Agreement. For information on the UHS Conduct process, please visit the Conduct Process Page.
*$16,941 based on cost table for a suite studio with a 19 meal plan. All other cost tables located here.
HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND!
University Housing Services
Telephone: (909) 869-3307