Welcome Week FAQ
- What is Welcome Week?
- When is Welcome Week?
- Why should I attend Welcome Week?
- How much is Welcome Week?
- When is the Welcome Week registration deadline?
- How do I register to be a Welcome Week Participant?
- What does the fee include?
- Is there a fee waiver for students with financial need?
- Is it mandatory to attend the Welcome Week events?
- What time can I check in and where do I check in?
- What if I cannot check in on Sunday, September 21, 2014?
- Other questions concerning Welcome Week?
- Where can I obtain waivers for a parent to sign if I am under the age of 18?
What is Welcome Week?
Welcome Week is a 4-day residential welcome program for any incoming first-year or transfer student that will be living in the residential halls or residential suites during Fall 2014. Welcome Week is designed to familiarize new University Housing Services (UHS) residents to the Cal Poly Pomona campus through a wide variety of entertaining, social and educational activities.
- Welcome Week participants get to check into their residence halls or suites four days before those students that are not attending Welcome Week.
- Welcome Week residents participate in lots of fun activities that help them integrate into on-campus living and become part of the Cal Poly Pomona community.
- Welcome Week participants have lots of opportunities to meet and interact with other students living in their residence communities before their first day of classes.
- Welcome Week attendance was over 900 students last year - don't be left out!
- Register Now!
How much is Welcome Week?
The cost for Welcome Week is $105.00, if you register before August 15th. Acceptable payments include check or money order payable to Welcome Week. The student’s name and Bronco ID number must be clearly written on the payment. Welcome Week encourages all participants to send in their form of payment as soon as registration is complete, however, payment must be mailed and postmarked no later than September 5, 2014.
When is the Welcome Week registration deadline?
Early registration is due on August 15th, 2014. When registered, you will receive an emailed confirmation letter, (sent to your Cal Poly Pomona email account) within two weeks of recieving yor registration payment. Late registration will be allowed until September 5, 2014 for $110.
- Online Registration: Welcome Week registration is available online at: https://register.dsa.cpp.edu/welcomeweek2014
- Complete the online registration by August 15th, 2014. Early registration is encouraged.
- Fee Payment:Immediately following your registration, send in your registration payment of $105. Credit Card payments are encouraged. If necessary, you may instead send a check or money order payable to Welcome Week via mail. Payments must be postmarked and and mailed by August 15, 2014.
- Mail all payments to:
59 University Drive
Pomona, CA 91768
- Please write student's name and Bronco ID number on form of payment.
- Returned checks or checks with insufficient funds will be charged a $40 fee.
- Reimbursements will be considered only for students who do not receive or who cancel their contracts with University Housing Services prior to Welcome Week move-iin day. All reimbursements must be requested no later than August 30, 2014. Please not that your charge for Welcome Week will be refunded minus applicable credit card and processing fees.
- Confirmation: You will receive an e-mailed confirmation letter (sent to your Cal Poly Pomona email account) within two weeks of receiving your registration payment.
- Special Needs: If you have a disability (including, but not limited to physical, vision, or hearing impairments) that requires accommodations, please inform us by noting your needs on the online registration form. A member of our staff will contact you to make the necessary arrangements.
- Due to our participant capacity, please register and send in your payment by September 5, 2014 to guarantee your spot.
What does the fee include?
The fee includes housing, meals, and admission to exclusive Welcome Week programs from September 21 – 24, 2014. Welcome Week is filled with activities and programs such as a fun night at the Bronco Student Center, a movie night, educational and social workshops, and a pep rally. Welcome Week participants also receive CPP Memorabilia! Note: Even though meals are provided, please bring snacks in case you get hungry before or between meals.
Is there a fee waiver for students with financial need?
Yes, there are fee waivers granted to students with financial need. Students must complete the online fee waiver application. All scholarship applications must be submitted online by August 15, 2014 to be considered for this award.
Is it mandatory to attend the Welcome Week events?
We highly encourage Welcome Week participants to attend all events. Going to the different events is the best way to meet new people, learn about the campus and just have an all-around good time at the beginning of the year. There are a few programs regarding housing information and campus safety that are mandatory.
What time can I check in and where do I check in?
Check-in for Welcome Week is on Sunday, September 21, 2014, between 10:00am and 3:00pm. Your check-in appointment time is included with your assignment information, which can be accessed through the Housing StudentWeb at https://housing.cpp.edu/StudentWeb/Login. You will need to login with your Student ID and password. Click on your assignment for details about your roommates and your check-in time. To check-in on Sunday, September 21st, please go directly to your assigned residence hall or suite.
What if I cannot check in on Sunday, September 21, 2014?
If you cannot move in on Sunday, September 21st between 10:00am-3:00pm, please contact the Welcome Week Office at email@example.com or at (909) 869-5129 to make special arrangements for a later check-in. To make the most of your Welcome Week experience, the Welcome Week Leadership Team suggests that students make every effort possible to check in with the rest of the Welcome Week participants on Sunday. Unannounced late check-ins will not be honored; your welcome week fee will be forfeited.
Other questions concerning Welcome Week?
The Welcome Week office will be staffed by the Welcome Week Leadership Team from 8:00am to 6:00pm Monday through Thursday. Should you have questions or concerns feel free to contact the Welcome Week Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or (909) 979-5608.
Where can I obtain waivers for a parent to sign if I am under the age of 18?
Please print both a Liability Waiver and Model Release Form, have your parent sign it and bring it to Welcome Week Check-In with you. You must have signed copies of both these waivers if you are under 18. If you are over 18, you e-signed these forms during the registration process and no further action is necessary.