Information Technology (IT) Level Guidelines
Cal Poly Pomona's Information Technology Level Guidelines identify the required education and experience for IT classifications.
Minimum Qualifications by Position
- Equipment/Systems Specialist (ESS)
- Information Technology Consultant (ITC)
- Network Analyst
- Operating Systems Analyst
- Operations Specialist (This classification is not typically used at Cal Poly Pomona)
Note: An official transcript is required for documentation of education. Upper-division status in a bachelor's degree program may substitute for an associate degree. A master's degree in a related field may substitue for a bachelor's degree plus one year of relevant experience. A doctorate in a related field may substitute for a master's degree plus two years of relevant experience, or for a bachelor's degree with three years of relevant experience.
Additional Tools & Resources
- Management Tool for Determining Appropriate IT Classification
- Overall Comparison of Minimum Qualifications for IT Series (PDF)
- Knowledge and Skills by Levels for IT Series (PDF)
Note about the CSU Salary Schedule: Click on the most recent salary schedule, then in the left-hand column scroll down and click on the bookmark for R09 Technical and Support Services. The classifications are in alpha order, so just scroll down to see the salary ranges for each of the above listed IT classifications.