Common U.S. Non-Immigrant Classifications

F-1: Student
F-2: Dependent (spouse or child) of Student
J-1: Exchange Visitor (student, research scholar, professor, trainee)
J-2: Dependent (spouse or child) of Exchange Visitor
B-1: Visitor for Business
B-2: Visitor for Pleasure
H-1: Temporary Worker of Distinguished Merit and Ability
H-4: Dependent (spouse or child) of Temporary Worker

Note: If your visa classification changes while at Cal Poly Pomona, please inform the International Center promptly so we can update your file and properly advise you.